Basketball fans?

Oddly, their defense is keyed on their offense. When they play energized offensively they play energized defensively. So when Boston puts the clamps down they don't do well on either side of the ball. All that said its odd no one has mentioned had the Lakers played a little better 4th quarter in game 1, 2, or 4 the series could be over. Probably because Boston could say the same thing with the exception of Game 4 being one the Lakers blew more than Boston won. Same would have been said had the Lakers actually won Game 2.

Yeah, totally. Playing energized nets them more fast break opportunities and affords them a more wide-open style of play (something Boston doesn't want to get in to if they can help it). When their defense starts lacking and the offense slows down, Boston can get into a half-court game, where the Lakers are decidedly weaker.

Just contrasting styles really. (And Boston is REALLY good at fouling without getting caught.)

All true. It'll be interesting if the Lakers can come out like they have the last 2 games in LA and build a big first quarter lead.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Celtic fan or Laker fan the announcing is fucking atrocious.

"Listen to that crowd" does not pass for good commentary or even something that needs to be said. Its fucking horrible. Marc Jackson is just trash and obviously routing for the Celtics often. Van Gundy is the only one who seems to actually call the game as he sees it. Marc Jackson gets all over Radmon... for the foul on Pierce but only Van Gundy actually points out the reason the foul was bad is because the Lakers are in the penalty.

Between Joe Morgan and Jon Miller, Joe Buck (who couldn't hold his dad's mic in the least) and Tim McCarver, and most of the other people who do sports I could just kill people. I'm so fucking tired of sports announcer over-doing everything. Its just ridiculous. They create their own issues to talk about, they don't actually talk about anything of use, and make over the top statements about random things.

I love how through the first half this is a "demolishing force" after a half. The game ain't over. The Lakers came back from 20 points down in the last game in Boston. Oh and calling Odom a no-show is dumb, he has like 10+ rebounds already. And then Wilbon dude I could go through the damn set and beat him. He's called Pierce the best player in the playoffs which is outrageous. Kobe dominated the first three rounds. The last round is the one that matters, this I know but to say Pierce's first three rounds don't matter is dumb.

Ahhh...the state of sports announcing is just atrocious. No more poor-speaking athletes talking too much (ahem Joe Morgan and most of the people ESPN uses). Look just because you played doesn't mean you can announce. You have to master the English language first.

Celtic fan or Laker fan the announcing is fucking atrocious.

"Listen to that crowd" does not pass for good commentary or even something that needs to be said. Its fucking horrible. Marc Jackson is just trash and obviously routing for the Celtics often. Van Gundy is the only one who seems to actually call the game as he sees it. Marc Jackson gets all over Radmon... for the foul on Pierce but only Van Gundy actually points out the reason the foul was bad is because the Lakers are in the penalty.

Between Joe Morgan and Jon Miller, Joe Buck (who couldn't hold his dad's mic in the least) and Tim McCarver, and most of the other people who do sports I could just kill people. I'm so fucking tired of sports announcer over-doing everything. Its just ridiculous. They create their own issues to talk about, they don't actually talk about anything of use, and make over the top statements about random things.

I love how through the first half this is a "demolishing force" after a half. The game ain't over. The Lakers came back from 20 points down in the last game in Boston. Oh and calling Odom a no-show is dumb, he has like 10+ rebounds already. And then Wilbon dude I could go through the damn set and beat him. He's called Pierce the best player in the playoffs which is outrageous. Kobe dominated the first three rounds. The last round is the one that matters, this I know but to say Pierce's first three rounds don't matter is dumb.

Ahhh...the state of sports announcing is just atrocious. No more poor-speaking athletes talking too much (ahem Joe Morgan and most of the people ESPN uses). Look just because you played doesn't mean you can announce. You have to master the English language first.

My roommate backs you..he's always complaining about the announcers..

I think Van Gundy and Jackson are some of the better announcers around. Although Jackson has said some dumb things.

Thats just my point, they are some of the better ones and that's just plain sad. Well Jackson at least, Van Gundy is pretty damn good.

Van Gundy is one of my favorite announcers.

Also, Phil's coaching in this series just reinforces my feelings about him being overrated. ;) He has really been out coached by Doc Rivers.

Oh please, the defense was a scheme by an assistant and Doc didn't have to coach. He just had to get out of the way. Garnett was the coach of the team. Doc went so far as saying he didn't do anything different. How do you not do anything different and you win 40 more games? Oh that's right, you have better players.

The Lakers' players that were their best all season were not their best for these 6 games. Didn't have a damn thing to do with Jackson's coaching. He's as good as any other coach including the great Red Auerbach. Phil Jackson is the greatest coach since the cigar smoking wee bastard of Boston.

Wow Kevin Garnett and the rest of the Celtics are horrible winners. You don't take three pointers when you're up by 35.

The Gatorade bath was also not very classy.

I thought the Lakers could have let up on the pressure defense when they are down by 35 with 3 minutes left also though.

Disagree, they just needed that intesity about 2 hours before that point.

Wow Kevin Garnett and the rest of the Celtics are horrible winners. You don't take three pointers when you're up by 35.

hahaha god forbid they don't just lay down, jeesh. that's a ridiculous statement.

like saying a football team should only go for field goals instead of touchdowns when they're ahead.

hahaha god forbid they don't just lay down, jeesh. that's a ridiculous statement.

like saying a football team should only go for field goals instead of touchdowns when they're ahead.

I would expect nothing less from a Patriots fan. Football and basketball are wholly different things. Its not a fucking ridiculous statement. You don't shoot three balls up by a fucking ton. Its plain and god damn simple. You just don't fucking do it. You drive to the basket you can score points but you don't try to rub salt in the wound when you're up 35 and the game is fucking done. Its totally fucking classless just like the rest of the chest pounding, front-running Celtics. Enjoy it as you should, the Celtics were a better team but hopefully the Lakers get the asshole they and someone clotheslines Posey, tells Perkins to shut his ugly trap after he actually does commit a foul, and puts Garnett on his ass once or twice. Yeah I'm bitter but I don't fucking care, there are ways to win and ways not to win. The Lakers will be a better team next year and we'll go from there.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
The Lakers could have played defense for 48 minutes and maybe those 3pt shots would have been prevented.

Ugh...whatever. You just don't get it. There's a professionalism involved here where you don't jack up threes with a game in hand. If they cut your lead, go on a run, show some life sure. But that never happened. Watch the Spurs when Sasha jacked up a three for shits and grins, they were pissed.

The Celtics as a whole were just a better team this year. that's basically it.

Does that include setting the record for most losses on the road in the playoffs?