CanOpener IOS App

Interesting but if im reading it correct its mainly for listening with headphones right? I almost never listen to music through my phone with earbuds.

Yeah it is, but I spend the majority of my day listening through headphones so its useful for me. Listening to AGBPOL now and theres definitely a difference. Sounds a little fuller, and being able to move the crossfade around is pretty awesome.

Alright I downloaded it cause I'm trying to put off the massive amounts of homework I have.

The app itself is very well polished and looks awesome, much better than the stock music app in my opinion. You can scrub through any song via a circle in the middle of the album art (which reminds me of a can opener, radical).

The crosstalk feature works pretty well. You can tweak it to how you want to "spread" everything around in the stereo image. You can flip the left and right channels, and you can adjust the balance. It also has a preset for my Audio-Technica ATH-M50s so that's a plus. 

I turned on the bluetooth for the heck of it and it actually seems to work well on my floorstanding speakers (Polk Rti8s), but I also have them spread a lot farther apart than I would like. I think if they were closer it might muddy the sound like I mentioned earlier.

I'm a fan of the SPL meter, lately I've been pretty cautious about my listening habits cause I know I listen to my headphones way too loud.

Overall I feel like it's worth $3 for the interface alone.

cant argue with anything said above. It worked well with my receiver but the difference wasn't as noticeable as it was in my headphones. For me the biggest difference was in my car. Holy crap did it sound so much better. I love the feature where you can turn all the crosstalk stuff off and hear the difference (click the little squiggly line at the top right of the crosstalk feature). Overall I'd say it was worth the $3 just for the difference in my car.

Can you still use the shortcuts from the lock screen with this ap?

I ride my bike a lot with headphones and always switch through songs using the lock screen skip button.

Yeah, I just checked it while I was driving into work and it worked fine. Still loving this app.