What would you do for a fellow VC'er?

This is a totally vinyl-related thang...

I was pondering this earlier today.

What would you do if you came across a very sought-after record that you're not into but you know a fellow VC'er really, really wants? More specifically, it's a record that you know it would yield a decent chunk of change in the open-market.

For example. A lot of us "OGs", know that Vedant (V, The Brown One, etc.) really, really, really wants a copy of Circa Survive's "Juturna". So, what would you do if you came across it...for a decent and even cheap price...?

Would you offer it to him? For what price? A trade? Or would you keep it? Or even flip it on eBay?

I know this is bordering on a morality question...but it has been on my mind as of late.

Discuss.

I've done some similar things.

I know Randy on the board really wanted my Slapstick LP and when I was going to sell mine I finally dropped it to him for $70. Not for free, but far cheaper than the $173 the next one got on ebay. Additionally, I picked up a copy of the TBR Live in '06 for Ben and sent it to him for cost.

If it's not something I'm into, I'd rather hook up someone I know that just sell it on ebay.

Oh yeah...I know that this is a loaded question...I'm just thinking in general terms...what would any of us do?

And btw...nice avatar Andrew...Ronnie James Dio and Rhea Pearlman...funny!

Haha..thanks. A buddy of mine sent that picture in an email that just said "Separated at birth?" I laughed pretty hard.

I guess your question depends on circumstances too. I'd be more likely to grab something for the guys and gals I "know." Like you and others and sell it for cost or, if you're strapped for cash, trade it for something or even hold it so you can scrape the cash together. Others whom I don't know well I would probably do the same thing, but within reason. I'm not going to drop $100 on a record and be stuck with it.

i hooked counterfiction Baseball up with a gaslight anthem lp at cost.

But in return he bought me the latest copyrights LP and had it sent directly to me. stand up guy.

I have hooked people up with tour vinyl a few times, but if i saw something that someone really needs i would help them out and pick it up for em. i would just hope people would do that for me too.

I know some one is going to the steinways tour and i certainly need one of those tour releases... hint hint

If i came across a record i knew someone else wanted but was worth a lot, i would still trade it for something i wanted rather than flip it. i made that mistake already by selling 311 unity for money instead of getting something i actually wanted.

also, i'm on my way to teach in japan for a year (next year), and japan is record heaven (in case you dont know) and i'll be taking other's want lists into consideration while i'm there.

For me it just depends on the user. I've hooked people up here pretty good a few times, and my first purchase on this board was pretty shrewd (In Keeping Secrets on black for $40 shipped).

What I'd do or not do largely depends on the person though. More often than not I've had people on this board try to fuck me for stuff I want.