Show VC: I built a site for remembering the concerts you've been to.

Hi all. Long time lurker, recent poster :)

I thought I'd show off a new website I've been building! It's called SeenDB and is a site to help music fans remember all of the concerts they've been to. Maybe think of it like Discogs or Dead Format for concerts.

You can share concert photos, your concert history, and it automatically finds setlists from the show.

If that sounds cool, check it out at http://seendb.com. Here's an example of my concert history: http://seendb.com/justin-thiele.

Happy New Year!

EDIT:  Thanks for signing up everybody! Post a link to your profile after you've added concerts.

I have a question, does this pull information from anywhere? like for big festivals such as warped tour and sxsw and stuff like that or do you have to manually imput what bands you took the time to see? im assuming it has to be that way but it would be cool if there was a checklist of all the bands and you can check off the ones you went to see.

also, I don't know if it's on there as I haven't taking full time to check out all the features but if it isn't, there should be like a separate photo gallery for merch you picked up from each show.

I have a question, does this pull information from anywhere? like for big festivals such as warped tour and sxsw and stuff like that or do you have to manually imput what bands you took the time to see? im assuming it has to be that way but it would be cool if there was a checklist of all the bands and you can check off the ones you went to see.

also, I don't know if it's on there as I haven't taking full time to check out all the features but if it isn't, there should be like a separate photo gallery for merch you picked up from each show.

It doesn't currently pull in concert info from anywhere (maybe SongKick in the future though). So you would just create a new concert (like Warped Tour) and put in the bands you saw. Pretty cool idea to have a checklist of bands where you can mark off the ones you saw though. I'll add that idea to the feature request page.

No harm in adding merch photos to the concert gallery.

It doesn't currently pull in concert info from anywhere (maybe SongKick in the future though). So you would just create a new concert (like Warped Tour) and put in the bands you saw. Pretty cool idea to have a checklist of bands where you can mark off the ones you saw though. I'll add that idea to the feature request page.

No harm in adding merch photos to the concert gallery.

yeah that seemed kind of pointless to me after I wrote it haha. who knows though. some people just like to be super organized.

very true, either way its a great idea. and I cant wait to get on it and use it.

EDIT: another cool idea which I don't know if it's already implemented into the site...be able to give feedback on the show or the band. like whether or not the band played well live vs the album and if they're worth spending time/money to see. also how the crowd was. basically like you get to give your own feedback on the show

very true, either way its a great idea. and I cant wait to get on it and use it.

EDIT: another cool idea which I don't know if it's already implemented into the site...be able to give feedback on the show or the band. like whether or not the band played well live vs the album and if they're worth spending time/money to see. also how the crowd was. basically like you get to give your own feedback on the show

Yep, you can do that in the comments on the concert page.

great idea.  ive been mulling over a music site i want to create for awhile.  ive been using last.fm to store my shows but there are so many i couldnt.

i hope though that no one opines whether a show is worth going to or not.

Nice! I've done a couple music sites in the past. Definitely fun. PM me if you want to talk shop. 

My favorite site for upcoming shows is currently bandsintown.com. Have you used that?

BTW, I just clicked over to your website. Amazing photos!

Thank you!

I just went through my Foursquare history and added everything on there.  It only went back to the middle of 2011.  I'm going to have to figure out a way to remember what shows I went to before then, haha. http://www.seendb.com/ashton-popiel