Show VC: I built a site for remembering the concerts you've been to.

Also, you should probably have some people that can assist in cleaning stuff up, merging duplicate band names, etc etc. Like there may be something where it's both Captain, We're Sinking and just Captain We're Sinking and it shows up twice. Definitely need some moderators or a submission system to fix things up.

Edit: Actually, this is weird, Captain, We're Sinking is an option but due to the comma thing it adds it twice. Weird.

Thanks for sharing with friends and the suggestions!

(1) Yeah, I'm going to look into the best way to do the sorting. It's a bit tougher on tables with thousands of rows over multiple pages.

(2) Data cleanup is a must!

(3) I think I have a solution for the commas in band names. Will have that fixed soon.

I'm not sure what you mean on that last one. Can you elaborate on this:

Last big suggestion for now: I accidentally typed things in wrong or pressed enter before I was done, and it saved it in the suggested window even after I changed it. Just bad random spam showing up. Going to check a few things to see if I can get rid of it, but yeah.

Thanks for sharing with friends and the suggestions!

(1) Yeah, I'm going to look into the best way to do the sorting. It's a bit tougher on tables with thousands of rows over multiple pages.

(2) Data cleanup is a must!

(3) I think I have a solution for the commas in band names. Will have that fixed soon.

I'm not sure what you mean on that last one. Can you elaborate on this:

Basically, you know how if you type the first two letters of something, it'll "suggest" venues or places based on what you type in? So if I type Wa it may autofill in Washington, DC? Well there was also some there for Washinton and Washin (not exact, but you get the point), two typos I accidentally made and posted by clicking enter too early. So yeah, just more stuff that isn't going away even after I fix it up.

Basically, you know how if you type the first two letters of something, it'll "suggest" venues or places based on what you type in? So if I type Wa it may autofill in Washington, DC? Well there was also some there for Washinton and Washin (not exact, but you get the point), two typos I accidentally made and posted by clicking enter too early. So yeah, just more stuff that isn't going away even after I fix it up.

Oh, right. Gotcha.

either both or just avatar. how is the image chosen? is it just random? i guess if people upload photos from shows and there was a little vote button... maybe the best voted photo would be the cover image? idk...

there actually used to be a site kinda similar to this. it was www.tourb.us. i think it was someone's college project or something. every band and venue had it's own page. (i think) it tracked previous shows but it's primary function was to track future shows. it was real simple. if a band was going on tour, any user could just add some or all of the tour itinerary and it would apply to the appropriate pages... likewise, someone could add all the upcoming shows for a certain venue too. 

not sure if that's the direction you want to go... but i couldn't help but think of it.

either both or just avatar. how is the image chosen? is it just random? i guess if people upload photos from shows and there was a little vote button... maybe the best voted photo would be the cover image? idk...

there actually used to be a site kinda similar to this. it was www.tourb.us. i think it was someone's college project or something. every band and venue had it's own page. (i think) it tracked previous shows but it's primary function was to track future shows. it was real simple. if a band was going on tour, any user could just add some or all of the tour itinerary and it would apply to the appropriate pages... likewise, someone could add all the upcoming shows for a certain venue too. 

not sure if that's the direction you want to go... but i couldn't help but think of it.

Currently the 'cover image' just uses the first one that is uploaded to the concert.

Venues and Bands have their own pages already (http://www.seendb.com/venues/9-30-club and http://www.seendb.com/bands/3oh-3), but you can't yet upload photos to them (only upload photos to concerts).

As far as direction, I want to focus on past shows (at least for now). There are lots of good sites for upcoming shows (Bandintown is my current favorite).

Currently the 'cover image' just uses the first one that is uploaded to the concert.

Venues and Bands have their own pages already (http://www.seendb.com/venues/9-30-club and http://www.seendb.com/bands/3oh-3), but you can't yet upload photos to them (only upload photos to concerts).

The band and venue pages are kind of a pain to get to. When I click on a band when I'm looking at someone's shows, it just goes to the shows that that person went to with that band, which I like, but there should also be a way to get to that band or venue's main page.

The band and venue pages are kind of a pain to get to. When I click on a band when I'm looking at someone's shows, it just goes to the shows that that person went to with that band, which I like, but there should also be a way to get to that band or venue's main page.

Ah, true! Hadn't thought about that. I'll see what I can do.

I'm working on a possible solution for this situation. If you hover on a link to a band/venue/location a little 'caret' will appear for a dropdown menu where you can select if you want to go to the Venue page (for example) with all shows or just the users. 

Here's a screenshot:

The_Appleseed_Cast___Cursive___Race_For_

Make sense?

Is it possible to change the cover image for a show?  I know it chooses the first image uploaded, but is it possible to switch it after uploading the photos.  I have some cover photos for shows that aren't necessarily the best.

Currently, there isn't any logic or interface for choosing the cover image.

If there are just a few, I could change them in the database for you. 

It might be a relatively easy feature to implement though, if you want to hang tight. I could probably get to it in a couple days.

Is it possible to change the cover image for a show?  I know it chooses the first image uploaded, but is it possible to switch it after uploading the photos.  I have some cover photos for shows that aren't necessarily the best.

Good news, you can now change your cover photos (as well as choose cover photos for bands/venues/locations)!

When you are looking at one of your concerts/bands/venues/locations hover over one of the photos and you'll see a button pop up, "Make Cover Photo". Click that to change it to the cover photo. Screenshot:

Japandroids___Free_Energy_%E2%80%93_Doug

love this! i had a couple random excel spreadsheets and txt files with this info on, also scoured my emails for all ticket confirmations in the last few years and put them all on here

http://www.seendb.com/manofconviction

i never would've guessed that i saw thrice 14 times!

gonna go through my ticket stubs now and see if i missed any :)

love this! i had a couple random excel spreadsheets and txt files with this info on, also scoured my emails for all ticket confirmations in the last few years and put them all on here

http://www.seendb.com/manofconviction

i never would've guessed that i saw thrice 14 times!

gonna go through my ticket stubs now and see if i missed any :)

I know, I felt the same way about my tops to. Especially top years.

Boom.