Show VC: I built a site for remembering the concerts you've been to.

This is cool… I'm going strictly off memory right now, plus I'm in the middle of cooking supper, so eventually this will be filled. 

It's sweet because I was wondering the other day if I could track all my shows… This is tonights little project over a class of cognac.

http://www.seendb.com/paynegretzky

Filled in most of the shows I've been to over the past two years.  I'm going to have to start rummaging through ticket stubs to fill in the rest.  It's great to have a central place to look back at the shows I've been to and to easily access the setlists without having to search for each show through setlist.fm.  

http://www.seendb.com/jetsfan4ever80

What is the trick to remove duplicate band entries? I have a couple that got messed up some how and they are completely identical in name and won't converge. 

You have to edit the concert, remove the band, then re-add it. It's a bit of a pain right now. I can do it directly in the database for you though, so just hang tight :)

Thanks! I tried doing that again to recreate and fix the problem but did not have any luck. Can you fix Alkaline Trio (again) and Saves the Day? I think when you go back to add a band and don't use the auto-complete entry it gets messed up in the DB somehow.

Fixed. I'll investigate further why that's happening.

Thanks! I tried doing that again to recreate and fix the problem but did not have any luck. Can you fix Alkaline Trio (again) and Saves the Day? I think when you go back to add a band and don't use the auto-complete entry it gets messed up in the DB somehow.

I'm actually having the same issue with Metallica. The spelling is the same and I tried removing them from the show and then re-adding them. A minor issue, but otherwise the site is great. Thanks.

You guys were right. When adding bands while editing a concert, it wasn't checking to see if the band already existed. So it was causing the duplicates. I just pushed an update that should fix it for the future. If anybody has duplicates, let me know and I'll get them fixed for you.

Uploading my stuff now. Just one small thing, when inputting the 'bands' section on the 'add a concert page', once it automatically suggests a band name and you click the suggested name it will add the word you are currently typing to the band list.

For example, I'm typing in The Early November and after I type The Earl it auto suggests The Early November. If I then click the suggested band name, it will add both The Earl as well as The Early November to the 'bands' box and I will have to manually click on and delete The Earl.

Just a super small problem that one line of code would probably fix. Sweet website though!

Cool site! I signed up.
I keep a journal with details of the concerts I've been going to along with the stub. I write about the experiences I had and what I was going through at the time for context. It would be cool to put this info online because I dislike my handwriting and I tend to run out of room.