Show VC: I built a site for remembering the concerts you've been to.

Thank you!

I just went through my Foursquare history and added everything on there.  It only went back to the middle of 2011.  I'm going to have to figure out a way to remember what shows I went to before then, haha. http://www.seendb.com/ashton-popiel

Well played, you added 49 concerts in like an hour!

Okay, I added 30+ shows. Didn't add Warped dates or comedy shows, but I can get to those later. Only issue I came across was one show keeps getting a "something went wrong" error when I view it and it appears to be an issue with the date. If I change the day, it works fine, but as soon as I change it back, it errors again. It's the 7/21/01 Blink-182 show.

Okay, I added 30+ shows. Didn't add Warped dates or comedy shows, but I can get to those later. Only issue I came across was one show keeps getting a "something went wrong" error when I view it and it appears to be an issue with the date. If I change the day, it works fine, but as soon as I change it back, it errors again. It's the 7/21/01 Blink-182 show.

Cool, thanks for letting me know! I'll take a look and see what the issue is tonight or tomorrow.

I like the site/idea a lot, but I get this error in the overview page http://imgur.com/FBroZo2

It does this with a lot of different artists, I can't figure out how to make them all nest in a single artist...but they're all typed exactly the same, and when I go to remove the artist and put it back in it still does it.

Added most of the shows from the past 2 1/2 years. Have set lists from a lot of these that I snagged. Too many shows from before this time and no google calendar or emails from pre 2011 so I think I'll just update on a go forward basis now. Www.seendb.com/zacooper.

Also, when on mobile (iOS) and adding band names, if you are typing a name and click on a previously entered band name that it suggests as you type it doesn't replace the typing so far but rather creates two separate bands. For example if I'm typing "The Early November" but only type in "The Ear" before it suggests the full band name which I click to complete, it will create two bands "The Ear" and "The Early November" so I have to delete the one. This didn't happen on the auto-complete with any other fields, just the band names. Also, some band names have a comma in their title. I know you can work around it by creating a concert and editing the band name after, but for initial input maybe have band names be separated by semi-colons if that's a possibility?

I like the site/idea a lot, but I get this error in the overview page http://imgur.com/FBroZo2

It does this with a lot of different artists, I can't figure out how to make them all nest in a single artist...but they're all typed exactly the same, and when I go to remove the artist and put it back in it still does it.

Fixed!

Also, when on mobile (iOS) and adding band names, if you are typing a name and click on a previously entered band name that it suggests as you type it doesn't replace the typing so far but rather creates two separate bands. For example if I'm typing "The Early November" but only type in "The Ear" before it suggests the full band name which I click to complete, it will create two bands "The Ear" and "The Early November" so I have to delete the one. This didn't happen on the auto-complete with any other fields, just the band names.

I was having this issue on a desktop browser, as well.

Also, when on mobile (iOS) and adding band names, if you are typing a name and click on a previously entered band name that it suggests as you type it doesn't replace the typing so far but rather creates two separate bands. For example if I'm typing "The Early November" but only type in "The Ear" before it suggests the full band name which I click to complete, it will create two bands "The Ear" and "The Early November" so I have to delete the one. This didn't happen on the auto-complete with any other fields, just the band names.

Doesn't seem to work on my phone. I type in the band name field and what it does is make each letter of the name a tag. Idk

I was having this issue on a desktop browser, as well.

I've noticed that issue as well. I'll take a look and see if I can get it fixed. In the meantime, just click the 'x' for the unwanted band names.

Also, some band names have a comma in their title. I know you can work around it by creating a concert and editing the band name after, but for initial input maybe have band names be separated by semi-colons if that's a possibility?

Separating the bands with semi-colons might work. I'll have a look.

I'm sure it's impossible and it's kind of what we the fans are building with this but if there was a data base of the shows to look up. Also if you have a way of connecting people who have been to the same show it would be cool.

(Haven't signed up, just my suggestions without messing with it)

I'm sure it's impossible and it's kind of what we the fans are building with this but if there was a data base of the shows to look up. Also if you have a way of connecting people who have been to the same show it would be cool.

(Haven't signed up, just my suggestions without messing with it)

The database of concerts is a pretty big undertaking. At some point I'm going to look into using the Songkick concert database to get started though.

For connecting with people at the same show, there's a few things. Once you've added a concert to your history you get notified whenever somebody posts comments or photos from the show so it's easy to have conversations about it.

One thing I've thought about for the future is to allow you to 'follow' other people. So you get notified when they post new concerts/photos/comments, etc. Does that sound useful?

Fixed! http://www.seendb.com/marc32137/concerts/blink-182-toypaj-tour