ICP - "The First Six" Box Set

Oh, no doubt about it.  A good chunk of Yeezus was embarrassingly bad, lyrically.  I don't discriminate with bad songwriting.

Oh man, so nice to finally read stuff along these lines. I thought this opinion was few and far between. Seeing the Yeezus thread almost makes me cringe that people honestly glorify that garbage with such seriousness. Especially because for me, if lyrics are that shitty can make or break a song, album, no matter how good the music is. THRONE DON'T LET ME GET IN MY ZONE i mean even this song is great until for some reason Jay Z gives Kanye the floor and lets him open his dumb yapper. Just terrible as far as intelligent lyrics.

I cant believe this is actually happening. I never thought Id see the day that ICP would be defended on here. 

I guess we all get dumbfounded from time to time, I can't believe people defend Yeezus or Kanye as a person either.

Just terrible as far as intelligent lyrics.

I agree wholly, it just amuses me that this is said considering the cover of a Daughters album is your avatar.

"I've been touching myself all day with a hammer and nail

I'm the flat-footed-mule-faced-fucker the shit-bird-derelict-king"

The difference is that Kanye would turn that line into a trillion billion dollars as people eat it from his hand, drooling. Not defending Yeezus, or talking shit about Daughters; Canada Songs rules. 

I agree wholly, it just amuses me that this is said considering the cover of a Daughters album is your avatar.

"I've been touching myself all day with a hammer and nail

I'm the flat-footed-mule-faced-fucker the shit-bird-derelict-king"

The difference is that Kanye would turn that line into a trillion billion dollars as people eat it from his hand, drooling. Not defending Yeezus, or talking shit about Daughters; Canada Songs rules.

That's the worst example you can find?

Oh man, so nice to finally read stuff along these lines. I thought this opinion was few and far between. Seeing the Yeezus thread almost makes me cringe that people honestly glorify that garbage with such seriousness.

I guess we all get dumbfounded from time to time, I can't believe people defend Yeezus or Kanye as a person either.

Eh, I'm probably in the minority.  I blared Yeezus in my car for a few weeks... and while it's got some fun and catchy moments, my jaw is still hanging from how many Top-10 lists the record broke last year.  I am by no means a lyrical genius myself, but I know some straight cheesy garbage when I hear it.  The fact that reviews are praising Kanye for his songwriting and "sharp tongue" is absurd to me.

And for what it's worth, I don't think I've read anyone defend Kayne as a person.  Ever.  I'm pretty sure that every fan of his material has admitted that they're well aware he's an egomaniacal douche.