Recent purchases

was half-heartedly watching that one, but decided not to bid because i have the movie music boxset. you got a decent price on that though.

anyway, i picked up neutral milk hotel's 'in the aeroplane over the sea'- procrastinated way too long to pick that up in the first place. plus the dood in the record shop said merge had stopped pressing them, and whether that meant for two weeks or for a year +, i didn't want to chance it.

you got a decent price on that though

I was not sure what they normally go for, but I figured it was. I got pretty lucky, came across the auction with less than a minute left and made a huge impulse bid with like 15 seconds left.

Also just won - The City on Film "Two Hour Anniversary" 7" from the same seller. Hopefully they combine shipping and give me a break :/.

I need the City on Film LP, anyone know if it is still available?

So my Quest for the Horrorpops - s/t LP continues!

bummer.

order these last night.

CHERNOBYL KIDS / LOOKS LIKE RAIN 7" (Chernobyl kids are ex pee tanks. Im sure no one knows of these guys outside MD)

ONE HIT WONDER - THERAPY LOUNGE 7"

SLAPSTICK - SUPERHERO 7"

Hopefully all of those gets filled.

so you won my slapstick 7" on ebay?

Actually its from a distro/store... I will post where once my order is complete. They didnt have 2 items in my last order so i am hoping everything is still there.

Guest genericinsight

So today, I went to Academy Records in Williamsburg (Brooklyn) and they had a whole mess of stuff I wanted but it was all too expensive. I'll keep it in mind for the future.

however, I then wandered across the street to a local weekend only flea market that happens around there and found some stuff I just couldn't pass up. So I am thankful that I passed up (ahem, saved my money) the stuff I wanted at Academy because I walked away with these steals:

Billy Idol - Vital Idol LP

Depeche Mode - People Are People 12" remix single ON GREEN WITH WHITE SPLATTER (I seriously didn't know these wacky vinyl designs existed prior to the 2000's, who knew)

Both were reasonably inexpensive as it were, but then I took it to the guy who owned the record booth and he tells me that all records he was selling were half off... so I walked away with those gems for EIGHT FUCKING DOLLARS.

then I splurged a little and went over to a screen printing company that had a booth at the flea market and spent $30 on a women's small zip up hoodie with LP's and vinyl cases screen printed over it (nerd alert).

such a good day, such fantastic purchases. I love flea markets.

Just won the Ted Leo/One AM Radio split 7" for a paltry $4.24 off eBay! So pumped on that.

In the interest of full disclosure, I should add that I actually raised the roof in my office once I won it.

very nice. that's the only one am radio 7" i don't have!

Just won the Ted Leo/One AM Radio split 7" for a paltry $4.24 off eBay! So pumped on that.

In the interest of full disclosure, I should add that I actually raised the roof in my office once I won it.

Yeah, I have the CD version but had been looking for the 7" version forever. I'd always find a distro online that said they had it, then I'd order it and it would be "out of stock." Heartbreaking stuff. The thing's out of print, and considering how much TL/Rx vinyl has been going for on the 'bay, I can't believe I got it for this cheap!

Yeah, I have the CD version but had been looking for the 7" version forever. I'd always find a distro online that said they had it, then I'd order it and it would be "out of stock." Heartbreaking stuff. The thing's out of print, and considering how much TL/Rx vinyl has been going for on the 'bay, I can't believe I got it for this cheap!

You only won because I forgot to bid on it! But congrats on getting it at that price.