Miserable (K. Esfandiari, ex-Whirr) - Halloween Dreams 7" EP Up Now

http://www.the1stfive.com/news/miserable-kristina-esfandiari-release-new-halloween-dream-7-ep

Kristina Esfandiari is Miserable. Former vocalist of Bay Area shoegazers, Whirr, Kristina writes and performs a brand of moving and evocative music that oozes with nostalgia – and the Halloween Dream EP is no different. Over the course of four tracks, Esfandiari’s powerful voice and poignant compositions swell into soundscapes both haunting and wistful.

Building on the momentum of her Run For Cover-issued 7-inch split with PA’s Grey Zine, Halloween Dream finds Kristina experimenting with muscular riffs (“Bell Jar”) and sparse instrumentation (“Spinning”) – new territory for the songwriter, but seemingly comfortable all the same.

Halloween Dream, Miserable‘s first release with The Native Sound will be available on February 18th as both a digital download and on a limited edition, hand-numbered transparent 7-inch with gold haze.

http://thenativesound.limitedrun.com/products/523173-miserable-halloween-dream-7-vinyl

http://www.the1stfive.com/news/miserable-kristina-esfandiari-release-new-halloween-dream-7-ep

Kristina Esfandiari is Miserable. Former vocalist of Bay Area shoegazers, Whirr, Kristina writes and performs a brand of moving and evocative music that oozes with nostalgia – and the Halloween Dream EP is no different. Over the course of four tracks, Esfandiari’s powerful voice and poignant compositions swell into soundscapes both haunting and wistful.

Building on the momentum of her Run For Cover-issued 7-inch split with PA’s Grey Zine, Halloween Dream finds Kristina experimenting with muscular riffs (“Bell Jar”) and sparse instrumentation (“Spinning”) – new territory for the songwriter, but seemingly comfortable all the same.

Halloween Dream, Miserable‘s first release with The Native Sound will be available on February 18th as both a digital download and on a limited edition, hand-numbered transparent 7-inch with gold haze.

http://thenativesound.limitedrun.com/products/523173-miserable-halloween-dream-7-vinyl

Thanks for posting this, bud! 

I've been listening to this EP non-stop for the past few months, and super stoked to get it out to everyone.

If anyone has any questions, let me know.

Am I the only one who things it's bullshit for a 7" to cost $7 before shipping?

No, I understand that sentiment. I myself have probably only bought a handful of 7"s for more than $5-$6, and that's always been my thought.

Unfortunately though, pressing in such a low run as 300, and at a quality that I feel comfortable with selling is expensive. That's why we try to make it special with the haze, hand-numbered, etc.

Ultimately it's a release I'm really proud of (music & packaging) and hope you give it a shot. Believe me though, I usually call bullshit on 7"s more than $6.

Thanks a lot,ordered in the blink of an eye even though it's 14$ shipped to Austria.

Shipping prices are getting rediculous. I was surprised to see AUS shipping at $6.30 for the weight of the mailer and 7" when I was getting everything set-up for this release. The other 70 cents cover the mailer and shipping supplies. Thank you for ordering, I'm just sorry it costs so much to get it to you.

very much purchased, can't wait to hear it

I've had this EP on repeat for a while — you'll love it. Thanks for ordering!

Careful on having an opinion that a $7 7" is pricey. I said that and another label got all uppity about it and called me out on a few things about it.

If you don't like it...then don't buy it...and don't dare say anything.

;)

Hey, that wasn't me! Haha. I'm all about discussing these things, I don't offend easy. I saw that though — it seemed pretty silly to me. An apology is an apology. No harm, no foul.

Careful on having an opinion that a $7 7" is pricey. I said that and another label got all uppity about it and called me out on a few things about it.

If you don't like it...then don't buy it...and don't dare say anything.

;)

This is the internet, Juan. Tell 'em to go fuck themselves. 

For what it's worth, I only bother commenting on things I would like to buy, so the label can take that as a consolation. 

No, I understand that sentiment. I myself have probably only bought a handful of 7"s for more than $5-$6, and that's always been my thought.

Unfortunately though, pressing in such a low run as 300, and at a quality that I feel comfortable with selling is expensive. That's why we try to make it special with the haze, hand-numbered, etc.

Ultimately it's a release I'm really proud of (music & packaging) and hope you give it a shot. Believe me though, I usually call bullshit on 7"s more than $6.

Thanks for levelling with me. Wasn't trying to start shit, it just seems that sometimes when one label is cool with pricing their shit a certain way, others follow thinking it's the new standard. I really like the 7" format, but for 2 to 4 songs to cost anything more than $5 (plus shipping to Canada), I frequently have to back out.

A sincere wishing of good luck with the release.

This is the internet, Juan. Tell 'em to go fuck themselves. 

For what it's worth, I only bother commenting on things I would like to buy, so the label can take that as a consolation. 

Thanks for levelling with me. Wasn't trying to start shit, it just seems that sometimes when one label is cool with pricing their shit a certain way, others follow thinking it's the new standard. I really like the 7" format, but for 2 to 4 songs to cost anything more than $5 (plus shipping to Canada), I frequently have to back out.

A sincere wishing of good luck with the release.

No worries – I know you weren't trying to start shit. I actually appreciate your comments.

And you're right, it is a slippery slope.

I definitely ordered this with a quickness. This EP is super great!

I'm with everyone on the rising cost of vinyl (or just 7"s in this thread), but I'll reserve final judgement for the finished product. If the release is quality and it sounds solid, $7 didn't break the bank. Anything more than that and I would be digging up my pitchfork, though! :-p

I definitely ordered this with a quickness. This EP is super great!

I'm with everyone on the rising cost of vinyl (or just 7"s in this thread), but I'll reserve final judgement for the finished product. If the release is quality and it sounds solid, $7 didn't break the bank. Anything more than that and I would be digging up my pitchfork, though! :-p

I won't let you down! ;)

• 2 weeks later...

From our instagram:

Test presses for Miserable's Halloween Dream EP are in, and approved!

The Ultra Clear 7" w/ Gold Haze, hand-numbered and limited to 300 copies is still available for pre-order at http://thenativesound.limitedrun.com/products/523173-miserable-halloween-dream-7-vinyl. You can stream the first song, "Bell Jar" there too.

f8e0de607edd11e38be012e3e1ffc5e1_8.jpg

Just a heads up, guys. Spin.com just premiered the title track off Miserable's Halloween Dream EP http://www.spin.com/articles/miserable-halloween-dream-stream/

We also launched bandcamp pre-orders at thenativesound.bandcamp.com. Both vinyl and digital pre-orders come with an immediate download of the song.

Grabbed the MP3s and listened to this 4 times already today. Awesome EP, can't wait to see the vinyl.

I'm glad you're into it dude!

FYI: All 7" purchases now come with an instant download of the EP, and a few test presses are up for sale now too http://thenativesound.limitedrun.com/products/523173-miserable-halloween-dream-7-vinyl

• 2 weeks later...