A Wilhelm Scream - Career Suicide P/O is up

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

still waiting, but i'm guessing it wont be for much longer by the sounds of things as far as other people getting theirs goes. a pre-order has never taken so fucking long to arrive!!

not to scare you but:

"Thank you for ordering with and supporting Jump Start Records!

Most orders are prossed in 48-72 hours. Normal shipping times for US Postal Service first class mail varies. US Postal Service priority mail is generally takes 2-3 days to get to your door once it leaves our hands. All shipments sent via the US Postal Service First Class Mail do not carry insurance and are not guaranteed. Jump Start Records is not response for any orders lost during shipment if sent via USPS mail."

still waiting, but i'm guessing it wont be for much longer by the sounds of things as far as other people getting theirs goes. a pre-order has never taken so fucking long to arrive!!

not to scare you but:

Most orders are prossed in 48-72 hours. Normal shipping times for US Postal Service first class mail varies. US Postal Service priority mail is generally takes 2-3 days to get to your door once it leaves our hands. All shipments sent via the US Postal Service First Class Mail do not carry insurance and are not guaranteed. Jump Start Records is not response for any orders lost during shipment if sent via USPS mail."

oh yeah i know thats a possibility but from other forums ive checked, people in the uk are only just getting their copies so seeing as i pre-ordered fairly late, i'm sure mine will be here soon.

not to scare you but:

oh yeah i know thats a possibility but from other forums ive checked, people in the uk are only just getting their copies so seeing as i pre-ordered fairly late, i'm sure mine will be here soon.

Seeing that I ordered mine on June 2nd and I live in the state right beside Jumpstart and havent got it, nor a single reply from numerous emails I sent them concerning my order. I am quite worried.

"Hello! You're receiving this email because you ordered a presale copy of the A Wilhelm Scream "Career Suicide" LP. Thank you for your order. Here's a quick update to let you know what's going on over here at Jump Start and your order.

At this point, 99.9% of all presales have shipped and you probably have already received your copy. We still have five (5) orders (that we know of) that haven't shipped yet due to various reasons. If you haven't received your order yet, please follow these instructions so we can get all the problems worked out and get your copy (or copies) to you ASAP (or make some sort of arrangement to fix the problem)."

wow an email response only 2 weeks after I sent my 1st order email inquiry. And I guess I must me the 0.01% that still hasn't gotten it.

You could of at least posted the whole thing..They admit to fucking up basically cut them a little slack they are all at least starting to arrive haha.

They also said they have shipped them all apart from the as you say 0.01% by the 28th of july

that was only a couple of days ago...

Not to happy about it being repressed though

I can't afford cash for represses but the completest in me will no doubt send me broke

"Hello! You're receiving this email because you ordered a presale copy of the A Wilhelm Scream "Career Suicide" LP. Thank you for your order. Here's a quick update to let you know what's going on over here at Jump Start and your order.

At this point, 99.9% of all presales have shipped and you probably have already received your copy. We still have five (5) orders (that we know of) that haven't shipped yet due to various reasons. If you haven't received your order yet, please follow these instructions so we can get all the problems worked out and get your copy (or copies) to you ASAP (or make some sort of arrangement to fix the problem).

Domestic Customers

At this point we only know of two (2) stateside customers whose orders haven't shipped. Most likely this is due to either a shortage of another item like a t-shirt, CD, or seven inch that you ordered in addition to your copy of the AWS LP. Don't worry, your copy of the LP has been reserved and will ship as soon as the other item(s) are ready. We expect these to ship by the middle of next week at the latest. Sorry for the inconvenience.

If you are a domestic US customer and didn't receive your LP, please let us know so we can figure out what information we're missing. Please include your Full Name, Order Number, and the email address that you used to place the order so we can figure out what happen and why you haven't received your record(s).

Foreign/Overseas Customers

At this point we only know of three (3) foreign/overseas orders that haven't shipped. If you haven't received your order yet, please give us a week and then get in touch with us regarding your order. Besides the five orders that haven't shipped, all presales orders were shipped by Monday, July 28th. If you don't receive your order by the end of next week, please get in touch with us with your Full Name, Order Number, and the email address that you used to place your order.

Thank you for your support and patience. This has been the fastest selling release we have ever done, and to be honest, I was completely overwhelmed at the amount of records sold. To be even more brutally honest, I was completely unprepared for the amount of records sold and how quickly they occurred. In addition, the problems with our web service provider (see the news blogs I've posted on Jumpstartrecords.com about those) created even more chaos in the middle of our biggest selling presale ever.

Since the start of the AWS presale Jump Start has welcomed our good friend Kevin "Little Man" Day to help with mail order as well as other things around the office. In addition, we finally got a Pitney Bowes postal metering system so we can do all our postage in house and not only save money, but time spent in long lines at the post office (if you've ever been to a post office in Philadelphia, you know what I'm talking about).

Finally, we wanted to let everyone that preordered a copy of the first pressing of the AWS LP know that we have moved onto a second pressing of the record which will be available shortly. The second pressing will consist of 500 green and 500 blue versions of the LP. We've been told that the second pressing will be arriving from the pressing plant August 8th. We're going to let you, our first pressing presales customers, know when the second pressing will be available first to give you a jump start (no pun intended) on picking up any copies of the second press. We expect the second press to sell off much faster than the first since a large portion of it will be going to our distributor, Lumberjack Mordam. If you want a guaranteed copy of the second pressing you'll definitely want to place an order as soon as it's available.

Again, thank you so much for your order and your support of our efforts. We are by no means a large label, and it means a lot to the band and me when people get behind a record like they have for this release. You rock, and we wouldn't be around without you.

Take care,

Jeremy at Jump Start"

Unfortunately, you're also receiving this email because the color

you ordered (yellow), sold out before we got to shipping your order. You

did receive a copy of the first pressing in grey, and we apologize it's not

the color you choose.

So I was one of the first to order, but one of the last to ship...so I lose out on the colour of my choice :(

You could of at least posted the whole thing..

well I didn't want to post the entire novel they sent cause the fact is no one wants to read all of that on a message board post.

secondly, I ordered this on June 2, which is gonna make it 2 months tomorrow since I placed my pre-order. And to top it 2 weeks to respond about an email is ridiculous.

I understand orders being delayed due to manufacturing problems etc. But being a moron/lazy is not a excuse. If you and your label is unable to handle a pre order like AWS, then either joint release it with another label, or don't do it at all.