Going to Iceland

Record Stores : 12 Tonar and Lucky Records!

Food : Get snack dogs here: Baejarins Beztu Pylsur. Definitely eat grilled puffin if you have the chance at any of the restaurants and dare I say it...Horse is REALLY good. Like the most tender filet mignon you've ever had. DONT eat hakarl, do drink Brennivin, but in small amounts.

Bars: There are a ton of bars all around the square that are good times. and you can buy low percentage alcohol beer(2.5%) in any convenience store for cheap and walk around drinking it, it's the best way to explore!

Be real careful about going out to bars/clubs at night though. The party doesn't really get started until after 1a, and everyone has been pregaming and is already hammered trying to get in. They don't really have common courtesy there and will shove your wife out of the way without a thought otherwise.

Dont skip the blue lagoon!!

Iceland is GORGEOUS, def spend a ton of time walking around and take some tours. Rent a car and drive to the black sand beaches too! Opt for the GPS, cause it's real easy to get lost out there.

Have an awesome time!

Oh and random thought! When you go to Blue Lagoon, it takes like 3-4 minutes to walk to it from the parking lot, and you are surrounded by water(the same color and tempature as the water you will be in once you pass through the doors). Grab a resealable glass bottle or two and put some rocks and water in there. The color keeps for YEARS, I still have a 1 liter bottle on display in my office and it is a great, free(ish) keepsake!!

Oh and random thought! When you go to Blue Lagoon, it takes like 3-4 minutes to walk to it from the parking lot, and you are surrounded by water(the same color and tempature as the water you will be in once you pass through the doors). Grab a resealable glass bottle or two and put some rocks and water in there. The color keeps for YEARS, I still have a 1 liter bottle on display in my office and it is a great, free(ish) keepsake!!

That is awesome!

• 4 weeks later...