Disney Blu-Ray / Movie Club Talk

My copies of Cinderella, A Bug's Life, and Tangled didn't have one neither. Oh well. It's not something that bothers me.

If only it didn't bother me.

I have to send a money order for $3.75 to get a slip for my Cinderella or I'll go insane.

I should wait until the copy of Tangled I ordered with my reward points get here just in case that doesn't have one... then I can order them both at once and save money...

@kevinxabney

If you do get the urge to get into steelbooks, Zavvi in UK is dropping a ton of Disney and Pixar releases in steelbook packaging. I think they ship worldwide for around $1.5, though the releases themselves are a bit more expensive (around $33 each). So far only a few of them sold out, but I doubt they'll be around for long. Not sure if all of them are region free though, but I'll check.

Here's the link to them: http://www.zavvi.com/elysium.search?locover=true&page=search-results&search=disney+steelbook&section=search&switchcurrency=GBP

Since joining, I have gotten 13 movies for less than $75. I'm my first order, I got Peter Pan, Cinderella, Pocahontas 1 & 2, Tangled, A Bug's Life, and Wreck It Ralph. Finding Nemo wasn't with them, so they sent it for free and I got to pick out another movie for free, so I got Up. Then I ordered My Neighbor Totoro, The Aristocats, and Frozen for a B2G1 deal. After that I got Cars for free for putting codes in on Disney Rewards. I put in all the codes, including old movies my girlfriend has and now have over 3,500 points.

Since joining, I have gotten 13 movies for less than $75. I'm my first order, I got Peter Pan, Cinderella, Pocahontas 1 & 2, Tangled, A Bug's Life, and Wreck It Ralph. Finding Nemo wasn't with them, so they sent it for free and I got to pick out another movie for free, so I got Up. Then I ordered My Neighbor Totoro, The Aristocats, and Frozen for a B2G1 deal. After that I got Cars for free for putting codes in on Disney Rewards. I put in all the codes, including old movies my girlfriend has and now have over 3,500 points.

That free movie from entering 3 codes is awful for me.

The only blu-ray cased movies are crap and the DVD sized ones I'd actually want in my collection, but not in DVD sized cases...

We've got 5,300 points and can never decide what to use them on, haha. I asked my daughter if she wanted the huge Frozen subway poster but she said no. 

We've got 5,300 points and can never decide what to use them on, haha. I asked my daughter if she wanted the huge Frozen subway poster but she said no. 

I'm just using them for more movies @_@ 

Also, I just called Disney Home Entertainment at 1-800-723-4763 and ordered a replacement slip-cover or "o-sleeve" as they called it on the phone for the shipping cost of $3.75 or so. It would have been $1 each for any other ones I wanted.

I'm just using them for more movies @_@ 

I didn't know you could use these codes for free movies.  Damn, I'm gonna have to look through all my disney movies for codes now.

Taste in movies is one aspect of my personality where I'm ridiculously adult. I just can't watch Disney movies. The seem so hollow and kiddie fodder to me. Like just shit you put on so your kid shuts the fuck up for a second, you know?

I respect that adults dig it. I know plenty of adults who are all about them. I know there are aspects of the movies that can appeal to adults but I just can't sit through any of them anymore. Maybe Aladdin but I have hated the last three or so Disney movies I've taken the time to watch and I just don't understand other people over 12 years old still digging these films. Not trying to be a dick but I'm dumbfounded.

Taste in movies is one aspect of my personality where I'm ridiculously adult. I just can't watch Disney movies. The seem so hollow and kiddie fodder to me. Like just shit you put on so your kid shuts the fuck up for a second, you know?

I respect that adults dig it. I know plenty of adults who are all about them. I know there are aspects of the movies that can appeal to adults but I just can't sit through any of them anymore. Maybe Aladdin but I have hated the last three or so Disney movies I've taken the time to watch and I just don't understand other people over 12 years old still digging these films. Not trying to be a dick but I'm dumbfounded.

Guess you're just not the target audience.

Not everything is for everyone. 

There are a ton of movies / tv series people are all about that I just can't get into for the life of me.

But if others dig them, then hey - enjoy it.