Bands Where Their Most Popular Album Isn't Their Best

NOFX's best-selling album is Punk In Drublic - I think it's their most popular in terms of reviews, fans' opinions, shit like that. I love Punk In Drublic, but I think Ribbed and S&M Airlines might be better. I'm not as big of a fan of their stuff after SLATFATS though, so what do I know?

What do you think, NoFxpunkguy?

NOFX's best-selling album is Punk In Drublic - I think it's their most popular in terms of reviews, fans' opinions, shit like that. I love Punk In Drublic, but I think Ribbed and S&M Airlines might be better. I'm not as big of a fan of their stuff after SLATFATS though, so what do I know?

What do you think, NoFxpunkguy?

I agree on Punk in Drublic.  Its their most popular easily.   I think White Trash, Two Heebs, and a Bean and Ribbed are both better.  Also dont disregard everything after SLATFATS.  I think the last 2 records are both pretty solid.  Not up with Punk in Drublic but better than the 3 between

I agree on Punk in Drublic. Its their most popular easily. I think White Trash, Two Heebs, and a Bean and Ribbed are both better. Also dont disregard everything after SLATFATS. I think the last 2 records are both pretty solid. Not up with Punk in Drublic but better than the 3 between

Slightly off topic, but just curious. What would you recommend as the album to get into NOFX? Like obviously I've listened to a few of their albums, but nothing grabbed me. It's like I respect their place in the genre and what they've done for it, but I don't care for the tunes. Same for Bad Religion unfortunately.

I agree on Punk in Drublic.  Its their most popular easily.   I think White Trash, Two Heebs, and a Bean and Ribbed are both better.  Also dont disregard everything after SLATFATS.  I think the last 2 records are both pretty solid.  Not up with Punk in Drublic but better than the 3 between

I used to really be into War on ErrorismThey've Actually Gotten Worse Live!! was the album that got me into NOFX, so it took me some time to work my way to their older stuff - there were only a few songs from Punk in Drublic on there, and just one from Ribbed. I finally got around to getting Self/Entitled on vinyl and while I'm a little disappointed, it's better than War on Errorism and Wolves in Wolves' Clothing. I haven't listened to all of Frisbee yet, though.

Slightly off topic, but just curious. What would you recommend as the album to get into NOFX? Like obviously I've listened to a few of their albums, but nothing grabbed me. It's like I respect their place in the genre and what they've done for it, but I don't care for the tunes. Same for Bad Religion unfortunately.

I'd start from the beginning if I were you. Maximum Rocknroll is a compilation of their early songs on Mystic Records, and while it kinda sucks (according to Fat Mike), it is pretty hardcore. If you want to start with the best, listen to S&M Airlines and Ribbed. I Heard They Suck Live! and They've Actually Gotten Worse Live!! are both pretty good samplers of their material (earlier and later, respectively), if you'd like to go that route - and the lyric changes and stage banter are pretty funny.

Good luck dude. I am the same way about Bad Religion though - I like No Control, and that's about it for me. I don't think they and NOFX are similar at all though.

Start with Ribbed, S&M and Punk in Drublic.  If it doesnt click or whatnot than move on.  lol.  You wont be the only person who doesn't like them.  

For Bad Religion i would say listen to No Control and Recipe for Hate.