This Will Destroy You (S/T): What color is this?

Don't be that guy.

What guy? You mean someone who is a bit bummed out if a record shipped overseas for the same cost as the record itself is not sufficiently packaged to make sure the actual product itself arrives in pristine form? That's a major concern for anyone who mostly orders international. Some labels get it and some don't.

What guy? You mean someone who is a bit bummed out if a record shipped overseas for the same cost as the record itself is not sufficiently packaged to make sure the actual product itself arrives in pristine form? That's a major concern for anyone who mostly orders international. Some labels get it and some don't.

The guy that tells labels how to do their job. Anytime I order a record or two from Europe, I know it's going to show up in a flimsy mailer. Do I preemptively email labels telling them to add inserts, or jump through additional packing hoops? No, because I'm not a dick. The record will play fine, and if there's a sleeve crease, or stubbed corner, it's not the end of the world.

I don't see how giving enough attention to one's customer service would be considered jumping through additional hoops for any company dealing with someone's creative endeavors. Having the adequate means for protecting the product that should ideally arrive in the hands of the customer in pristine condition is the 101 for any company providing any kind of product.

Fact is that there are labels that give more consideration to how their product might arrive than others and it's really a difference of choosing the right kind of mailers. Not all labels use flimsy mailers. Some even go the extra mile and provide extra supports inside the sturdy ones.

I don't see how giving enough attention to one's customer service would be considered jumping through additional hoops for company dealing with someone's creative endeavors. Having the adequate means for protecting the product that should ideally arrive in the hands of the customer in pristine condition is the 101 for any company providing any kind of product.

Fact is that there are labels that give more consideration to how their product might arrive than others and it's really a difference of choosing the right kind of mailers. Not all labels use flimsy mailers. Some even go the extra mile and provide extra supports inside the sturdy ones.

In my experience the Euro mailers, not just the UK envelope jokes, are the lightest weight / rarely padded things I get in the mail, including some labels known for fine quality 180gm expensive vinyl. Very weight sensitive in the Euro zone.

• 4 weeks later...