Female-Fronted Pop-Punk Band Appreciaton Thread

• 1 month later...

Once again, liking what I am hearing people!

Well, I may as well post the whole record...this is for you hipster!

X-Ray Spex - Germ Free Adolescents

Also, I just heard this through a FB friend, and it isn't pop-punk at all, but once again, who cares right?

Warpaint

Was not previously familiar, but war paints coachella set was boss.

Why does this need to be handcuffed to pop punk?

Why can't we just talk about Kate Nash and St Vincent and Purity Ring?

It's a specific thread so that the people who are into female fronted pop-punk can discuss the topic and also to make them aware of artists that they are likely to be into (based on a recommendation from others with similar taste). "Female fronted bands" is too generic to achieve this.

I'm guessing the ones you listed are indie rock? Never heard of them. Feel free to start a "female fronted indie rock" thread if you would like to have that discussion.

Why does this need to be handcuffed to pop punk?

Why can't we just talk about Kate Nash and St Vincent and Purity Ring?

Let's talk about them...don't worry about the pop-punk title...the thread started with that in mind, but has semi-evolved into a much wider range of female-fronted bands, which is fine by me.

It's a specific thread so that the people who are into female fronted pop-punk can discuss the topic and also to make them aware of artists that they are likely to be into (based on a recommendation from others with similar taste). "Female fronted bands" is too generic to achieve this.

I'm guessing the ones you listed are indie rock? Never heard of them. Feel free to start a "female fronted indie rock" thread if you would like to have that discussion.

Correct, the thread was originally started with that purpose, but I now welcome any band/artist that fits under the female-fronted umbrella. :D

fine! i will!

she just put out her 4th album. 5th if you count her collaboration with david byrne. she can do no wrong. 

kate nash is just goddamn adorable in everything she does. maybe it's the accent. maybe it's that she's quite talented.

a bit more electropop that what everyone else has been on in here so far.

and i don't know if dum dum girls have been mentioned in here yet. and even if they have- more can't hurt.

Agreed.