Female-Fronted Pop-Punk Band Appreciaton Thread

Late to this thread but really cool to see Wet Nurse in here. They're one of the better locals we have here.

Lipstick Homicide, The Gateway District and The Soviettes would have to round out my top three.

Yea, The Soviettes were always one of my favorites too.

​Surprised no one has mentioned The Dollyrots yet (unless I missed it in this thread)

http://youtu.be/h593TwZRx4o

Read through this whole thread and not ONE mention of my personal favorite, P.S. Eliot. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wO_Fv207gAI

Absolutely love this band, and everything the Crutchfield sisters have done since.

I've always been meaning to get into them!

I've got another one, Candy Hearts

there's so much good stuff here! can't wait to listen to all of the bands i haven't heard before.

but let's all be really careful when we talk about the gender of the members of the bands we like.

in this instance, we are respectfully discussing bands with women members who rock.

but all too often women in punk bands have a rough deal. i often see people posting "i don't like female singers", which is itself a sexist statement, because it assumes that all female singers sound the same.

i used to be one of those people. until i started to take a nuanced look at my musical preferences. now i say "i don't usually like bands with high pitched vocals" instead of automatically dismissing a band that has a female singer. it's eliminating little micro-agressions like these that create a more inclusive scene! we should also do our research and be aware of how musicians self-identify. don't wanna mis-gender anyone!

also, little big league - these are good people

is my favourite album of last year.

Bad Cop/Bad Cop.

Not really pop punk, but considering some of the other bands listed it is worth mentioning Tsunami Bomb, Bikini Kill, Pretty Girls Make Graves, The Bags and The Plasmatics. 

Yeah I'm stoked on that new Bad Cop/Bad Cop. I'm not sure what we mean by pop-punk, but I'll share some female fronted stuff.

Heartsounds (dual/male female usually)

Fifth Hour Hero (dual male/female)