PO: Being As An Ocean - How We Both Wondrously Perish

Stoked for this album! It looks like the bundles were taken down, but on inVogue's MerchNOW page, there is still an option for the LP + poster for $17, and if you search Being As An Ocean, then the bundles will still appear without an option to purchase.

EDIT: They removed it. This is quite the mess.

*Grumble grumble* I already created a thread for this a month ago.

Seriously though, that is a gigantic first pressing. To go from the first album having 850 records pressed total (I believe there was 250 in the first press, and 300 blue and 300 white in the second) that's a huge jump.

*Grumble grumble* I already created a thread for this a month ago.

Seriously though, that is a gigantic first pressing. To go from the first album having 850 records pressed total (I believe there was 250 in the first press, and 300 blue and 300 white in the second) that's a huge jump.

My bad dude. Went looking for one before I posted this and couldn't find it.

Just for the record, and maybe someone can clear this up for me, I don't understand the put-preorders-up-before-a-song-is-released business tactic. Seems like a really tacky way to make money. Like you're almost persuading the people who were into the first album to buy it before they even know what it sounds like. Two years or something between albums and the band can change their sound a LOT (see Citizen - Youth). It seems like the pragmatic people among us who don't want to throw money away blindly actually are the ones who are at a disadvantage.

Then take Topshelf Records for example. They've got the pre-order game down. They put the album up in the store so you can get notified when it's in stock, then they release a song, then they make the album available to order. I wish more labels did it that way.

Yeah, technically they are. But the Christian themes in their music aren't overwhelming. I think anybody can find meaning in their music.

If you don't mind bands like Underøath or The Devil Wears Prada, this is no issue. Even as an atheist I can honestly say I love those two bands and really like BAAO.

If you don't mind bands like Underøath or The Devil Wears Prada, this is no issue. Even as an atheist I can honestly say I love those two bands and really like BAAO.

Admittedly I've only heard one song by this band, but I really appreciate the way they presented their religious views in it. My friend, who is a major Christian (who has views very different from me), showed it to me. I've always loved bands like Underoath, Emery, Dead Poetic, TDWP, etc, because they're comfortable enough with their beliefs so that they don't have to make every song a worship song, and they're honest. I'm gonna wait to hear a single and maybe buy this because the song I heard was pretty good. Anyone have other songs to re commend? Is their older stuff on vinyl?

Admittedly I've only heard one song by this band, but I really appreciate the way they presented their religious views in it. My friend, who is a major Christian (who has views very different from me), showed it to me. I've always loved bands like Underoath, Emery, Dead Poetic, TDWP, etc, because they're comfortable enough with their beliefs so that they don't have to make every song a worship song, and they're honest. I'm gonna wait to hear a single and maybe buy this because the song I heard was pretty good. Anyone have other songs to re commend? Is their older stuff on vinyl?

Go listen to "The Sea Always Seems To Put Me At Ease" it's definitely a bone chiller. As far as me asking about the "Christian" theme, I was just curious. I don't let religious views change my music tastes usually.

Has anybody noticed the odd pressing numbers?

It seems 200 are missing. Hint for a record release color?

Sidenote: I like that they didn't jump on the 'hey, let's put the rarest color into a $70,- bundle'-train...

Yeah, it seems that most of the Rise bands have done that. It's a very scummy business tactic.