Interesting/fun/useful apps! (Info on page one)

I was just browsing on the App Store and realized that there's tons of apps out there that I haven't tried. New apps are always coming out and there's apps that keep getting better with time.

My question is:

What app(s) do you think more people should know about?

Or what app do you think everyone should have?

Is it for iOS? Android? Both?

It can be simple organizing apps to games to apps that let you shop online to social networking.

WHATEVER app you feel is highly underrated.

I'll do my best to update and categorize this with any apps that deserve a little bit more recognition.

Go!

Apparel

•Jack Threads (iOS/Android)

Bed and Breakfast

•Airbnb (iOS/Android)

Emulators

•My Boy! Gameboy (Android only)

Music

•Pandora (iOS/Android)

•Spotify (iOS/Android)

Photo editing

•Photogrid (iOS/Android)

•Picsay

•Afterlight (filters, brightness, contrast etc.)

•A Beautiful Mess (text, doodles, etc.)

•Picplaypost (You can collage photos and videos in one frame. You can also add sound over photos.)

•PartyParty (Stop motion, photobooth)

Vinyl

•MilkCrate (iOS) $2.99

Miscellaneous

ActionLauncher(Paid): The best Launcher replacement, you can swipe am app to pop up the corresponding widget and the folders feature for burying quick actions and similar apps is awesome.

AdFree(Free/Root): removes ads from apps and prevents in app pop-ups.

AllCast(Paid): Beam locally stored media to your Chromecast or Roku.

Appwererabbit(Free): export the apk of installed apps, great for sending apps to other devices or backing up apps that aren't available anymore.

BeyondPod(Paid): the best podcatcher for Android, can be set to auto-update, import/export subscription feeds, and includes useful widgets.

Directupload Image Sharer(Free): like Imageshack or Photobucket, lightweight image hosting.

Falcon Pro(Free with some work): one of the best Twitter clients, it can be installed for free but takes some work. It's worth the effort.

JustUnfollow(Free/Paid): Manage your twitter and instagram followers and unfollowers, the paid version let's you bulk unfollow/follow back people.

LogMeIn(Paid): remote control your PC from anywhere via WiFi or 3g/4g

Media Utilities(Free): turn any media app into a very simple widget, works with various media apps including all major music and video apps.

Network Signal Refresher(Free): quickly scan and hop on the fastest data tower in your area.

•( OFFTIME ): Airplane mode with pop-up blocker and other settings. (Android)

Plex(Paid): stream locally stored media from your PC to your device, you can also use this app to beam content to your Chromecast.

Pulse(Free): a great RSS reader, lots of social media integration.

QuickPic(Free): Gallery app replacement, it loads super fast and is very lightweight.

Google Rewards(Free): Take short surveys and gain Play Store credit.

Root Explorer(Free/Paid-Root): a very powerful file Explorer that can access your entire device, it's very handy but can be dangerous if you don't know what you're doing, so be warned!

SkipLock(Paid): this app will pin lock your device unless you're in a trusted WiFi or Bluetooth area. Great for tablets or phones if you leave your device unattended while on the go.

Slice(Free): this app will pull shipping and order information from your email account and give you notifications of it's shipment and delivery. Great for keeping track of POs!

TabletTalk: Send and receive SMS/calls from your tablet through your phone via Bluetooth or WiFi.

Talon(Paid): another great Twitter client, a little more sleek than Falcon.

Titanium Backup(Paid/Root): like Appwererabbit but much more powerful, it can bulk backup/restore applications. It's a must have for ROM flashers.

Viral Pro(Paid): a YouTube replacement, it allows you to float a smaller screen on top of whatever else you're doing and you can continue audio playback when your screen is off. I've noticed it also loads a lot faster than YouTube as well.

XnRetro Pro(Paid): My favorite photo editing app, full of gritty filters and frames.

Xposed Framework(Free/Root): simple mods that allow you to take full advantage of your device, even if you're on a stock ROM.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Airbnb, it's an app to find bed and breakfasts, usually much cheaper than a hotel, and they're EVERYWHERE, sometimes I have no intention in staying in one and lay in bed looking at really interest houses like houseboats, treehouses, castles, etc.

That sounds awesome! I don't travel a lot, but I'll check that out if I ever do!

It's useful to have your whole Discogs collection accessible by a decent app. It can be a bit slow but it's easy to browse through.

That's pretty cool, especially for all of us. Will probably buy it in a bit.

I really wish they'd make an app for DeadFormat. I love having my collection on there.

Also, what's this IPS Communities app on this site that always doesn't let me download anything?

It takes me to the App Store, but nothing ever happens.

Nope.

Same business on my end.

When I first tried it a couple months ago, I would just get a blank screen. I thought it was just taking a while to load, but nothing ever happened.

Now it actually takes me to the App Store and says it's not available for the U.S. store.

Weird.

Yup! Same issue.

(all of these are for Android)

ActionLauncher(Paid): The best Launcher replacement, you can swipe am app to pop up the corresponding widget and the folders feature for burying quick actions and similar apps is awesome.

Appwererabbit(Free): export the apk of installed apps, great for sending apps to other devices or backing up apps that aren't available anymore.

BeyondPod(Paid): the best podcatcher for Android, can be set to auto-update, import/export subscription feeds, and includes useful widgets.

Directupload Image Sharer(Free): like Imageshack or Photobucket, lightweight image hosting.

Falcon Pro(Free with some work): one of the best Twitter clients, it can be installed for free but takes some work. It's worth the effort.

JustUnfollow(Free/Paid): Manage your twitter and instagram followers and unfollowers, the paid version let's you bulk unfollow/follow back people.

Media Utilities(Free): turn any media app into a very simple widget, works with various media apps including all major music and video apps.

Network Signal Refresher(Free): quickly scan and hop on the fastest data tower in your area.

Photogrid(Free): Make photo collages, pretty basic.

PicSay(Free/Paid): Image editing app

Plex(Paid): stream locally stored media from your PC to your device, you can also use this app to beam content to your Chromecast.

QuickPic(Free): Gallery app replacement, it loads super fast and is very lightweight.

Root Explorer(Free/Paid-Root): a very powerful file Explorer that can access your entire device, it's very handy but can be dangerous if you don't know what you're doing, so be warned!

SkipLock(Paid): this app will pin lock your device unless you're in a trusted WiFi or Bluetooth area. Great for tablets or phones if you leave your device unattended while on the go.

Slice(Free): this app will pull shipping and order information from your email account and give you notifications of it's shipment and delivery. Great for keeping track of POs!

TabletTalk: Send and receive SMS/calls from your tablet through your phone via Bluetooth or WiFi.

Titanium Backup(Paid/Root): like Appwererabbit but much more powerful, it can bulk backup/restore applications. It's a must have for ROM flashers.

Viral Pro(Paid): a YouTube replacement, it allows you to float a smaller screen on top of whatever else you're doing and you can continue audio playback when your screen is off. I've noticed it also loads a lot faster than YouTube as well.

XnRetro Pro(Paid): My favorite photo editing app, full of gritty filters and frames.

Xposed Framework(Free/Root): simple mods that allow you to take full advantage of your device, even if you're on a stock ROM.

I think Microsoft Photosynth is really neat. It seems like whenever I use it, anyone around asks what it is. you can take full 360° photos. In the app you can interact with them and move the picture around, you can also export it as a panorama picture. here's an excellent example. https://photosynth.net/view.aspx?cid=ebf0572e-1576-4f41-a822-aa2c13a09f69

(all of these are for Android)

Photogrid(Free): Make photo collages, pretty basic.

PicSay(Free/Paid): Image editing app

I-I don't even know how to categorize half of these.

Just putting them under miscellaneous or something.

But good list!!

Haha I do! I used to really be into photography but sold my dSLR for coffee money (true, but sad story).

Keeps my instagram game strong.

What's yer insta name?

Also--any fun,simple game app suggestions guys? I feel like cellphones have the entertainment potential of a game boy if only it could be tapped haha

What's yer insta name?

Also--any fun,simple game app suggestions guys? I feel like cellphones have the entertainment potential of a game boy if only it could be tapped haha

loganeatsdirt. I haven't been fascinating in awhile though, hahaha. 

The only game I have on my phone is Space Team and you have to play with multiple people. It was probably the most fun I had pent up in a hotel room. Everyone downloads the app and when you play, you're given different commands. You shout out the command and whoever has that button has to quickly press it. But panels break and slime covers screens and you get attacked by aliens. It's pretty wonderful.