PO - Iron Chic/Low Culture Split 7"

LCIC_Cover_400w.jpg

Dead Broke Rekerds and Dirt Cult Records are co-releasing this split.

Stream two songs here: http://noisey.vice.com/blog/iron-chic-low-cultures-split-ep-stream

Color copies can be picked up through both outlets:

Dirt Cult Records

Dead Broke Rekerds

From dirtcultrecords.com:

DESCRIPTION

This is a preorder! These records will hopefully ship late November, but with the uncertainty at the plants these days, that date might get pushed into December.

Having toured together on the East Coast/Canada as well as well as the Southwestern desert, the Iron Chic and Low Culture decided that the next logical step would be to release a split 7" - and not just a split 7", but a split label/split 7" between Mike from Iron Chic's Dead Broke Records and Chris from Low Culture's Dirt Cult Records.

Iron Chic - Fucking fantastic existential, anthemic, and melodic punk rock. I don't really feel the need to say much more. You know who these guys are. This is their first release since their well received, Bridge Nine released "The Constant One" LP last year.

Low Culture - After releasing their debut LP "Screens" in 2013 on Dirtnap Records, the band has seen members fan out all over the place (including Santa Fe, El Paso, and Portland). But there's no plans of slowing down (too much). Features members of Shang-A-Lang and Marked Men, and sounds pretty much like a cross between the 2 bands, with the former’s distinct songwriting style mashed together with the latter’s tighter, cleaner performances. These recordings are the results of the band’s first trip into a “pro” recording studio, sounding cleaner but no less effective than past material.

Here's the color breakdown for the first press:
200 Orange (Dirt Cult "exclusive" color)
200 blue (Dead Broke "exclusive" color)
400 green
700 black
100 tests ("Fest" edition)

They probably needed some in advance to sell at fest so they just did a run of 100 tests.  Nothing wrong with that.  It's not like they're going to be selling them for test press prices.

Exactly. It will be the flippers who will be getting the big $ for it. But we'll be watching.  ;) Haha.

what's funny about it?

They probably needed some in advance to sell at fest so they just did a run of 100 tests.  Nothing wrong with that.  It's not like they're going to be selling them for test press prices.

An out of 100 release should never be called a "test". Just call it a Fest Edition and leave it at that. I'm not at all trying to slam this release. In fact I will be buying it. But calling a pressing of 100 a test press is gimmicky and unnecessary. 

In the argument of semantics, this technically is a test press.  I don't believe it's written anywhere in the bylaws that a test press needs to be constituted as a pressing of between two and ten records.  

This really seems to be an occurrence now more than ever due to the fact that there are such backups at the pressing plants.  I know of a handful of labels who are selling test pressings of albums just to hold people over until the actual release date, which got pushed back; not to mention the bands who do this so they can actually have something physical to sell on tour. 

Seems to be more of a 'life gives you lemons' situation for these people than it is a gimmicky money-grab.  I love it.

In the argument of semantics, this technically is a test press.  I don't believe it's written anywhere in the bylaws that a test press needs to be constituted as a pressing of between two and ten records.  

This really seems to be an occurrence now more than ever due to the fact that there are such backups at the pressing plants.  I know of a handful of labels who are selling test pressings of albums just to hold people over until the actual release date, which got pushed back; not to mention the bands who do this so they can actually have something physical to sell on tour. 

Seems to be more of a 'life gives you lemons' situation for these people than it is a gimmicky money-grab.  I love it.

But the 100 sold at fest will still have been approved before they go on sale right?

As soon as a release has been approved I don't know how you can call it a test press... these are simply just the first hundred that get produced.

Nit picking. Jesus.

Not nit picking, now I'm looking for some clarification...

If they're selling tests that haven't been approved yet I'd like to know so I can wait to pick it up after it's been given the green light.

Call me crazy, I'm one of those guys that actually prefers my records sound good.

If they're selling tests that haven't been approved yet I'd like to know so I can wait to pick it up after it's been given the green light.

Call me crazy, I'm one of those guys that actually prefers my records sound good.

Chances are they're not selling 100 rejected tests.  Jesus.  Christ.

Do you REALLY think they'd do a fest edition if it didn't sound good?

You know what, nevermind. Stay skeptical.

Do you REALLY think they'd do a fest edition if it didn't sound good?

You know what, nevermind. Stay skeptical.

I'm not saying they're going to sound like shit but calling it a test and then saying you're rushing to have 100 ready for fest leads me to believe there won't be time to test them. 

fc2fca5cc8833d35c92822a6af386914480a4e7c