PO NOW: Parkway Drive - Ire (Out September 25th)

lol  Oh no!  I'm pumped, sounds like it's gonna be awesome.  Also got an email saying the vinyl was being pushed back & wouldn't be shipped till approximately October 2nd.  

I'd suggest listening to both songs released, I'm a huge Parkway fan but these songs are junk. Held off on spending the $ if the whole album is going to sound this way

What is happening to Parkway and BMTH??? I enjoy both band's older work, but I enjoyed Sempiternal and Atlas as well... so I'm not someone who hates when bands start changing their sound. But the 6 tracks released by these 2 bands so far are so completely different (in a bad way)... if it weren't for the vocalists it would be hard to even recognize them. On the bright side, ABR has changed a little but they're still killin' it....

What is happening to Parkway and BMTH??? I enjoy both band's older work, but I enjoyed Sempiternal and Atlas as well... so I'm not someone who hates when bands start changing their sound. But the 6 tracks released by these 2 bands so far are so completely different (in a bad way)... if it weren't for the vocalists it would be hard to even recognize them. On the bright side, ABR has changed a little but they're still killin' it....

I am fucking loving that new ABR album......Its Awesome

• 3 weeks later...

European versions showing up first.  Here's Kings Road Europe's transparent red & clear as well as Impericon's blue.  Still waiting on the rest.  The poster came with the Kings Road order.  I really like that blue, just as somewhat of a personal favorite color, but the other two look good with the album cover.

IRE.jpg

I'm not sure what everyone is complaining about, but I'm loving this album.  

• 4 weeks later...

Here are the last 3 colored variants of Ire

King's Road U.S. or North America's smokey clear & smokey red:

ire2.jpg

And JB Hifi's purple, etching side up:

IRE3.jpg

Not the best lighting but you get the idea, at least.  Don't have black yet, hoping they're selling it on tour.  Seeing 'em in about a week, hellz yeah.

• 1 month later...

Doesn't look like many if any other variant collectors of Ire out there, but I found two more.  Idk if that's a good or a bad thing.

Hot Topic is selling it on green w/black swirl.  (Where were you on this, Travis??  Maybe it's posted in the Hot Topic thread, which I don't follow)  No #'s listed, just says limited edition.

I also see it on Bull Moose on translucent blue/black marble/1000

And I was noticing on piky0032's post that he listed the US/NA King's road variant out of 2000 as white, I think that's the clear smoke, not white.

But anyways, when I saw these guys a couple weeks ago, wow what a special show.  In an intimate small place, essentially a 1,000 capacity bar.  I've never seen Parkway in anything other than what I'd consider a couple thousand capacity medium size venue.  No barricade between the crowd & the band.  I can't compute how it wasn't  a sellout, had to be just a couple tickets short, place was packed wall to wall.  People flying everywhere, entire place was like a sauna.  So much fun.  And I wasn't a pessimist about the Ire in the first place, but was still a case of the songs sounding better, after you hear them in a live setting.  Idk if you guys know what I'm talking about, but certain songs you just hear differently after they come to life in front of you.

Sounds like they're being booked on some summer festivals here in the U.S. in 2016, can't wait to see them again.

• 1 year later...

it looks like Horizons is being reissued outside of RSD, available on Translucent blue (KRM) or black (all retailers)

http://kingsroadmerch.com/epitaph-records/view/?id=10396&artist=50

and if you're still looking for the RSD variants, they are still up here:

http://parkwaydrivemerch.myshopify.com/products/horizons-vinyl-lp?variant=20180156103

Edited by ethereal

3 hours ago, ethereal said:

it looks like Horizons is being reissued outside of RSD, available on Translucent blue (KRM) or black (all retailers)

http://kingsroadmerch.com/epitaph-records/view/?id=10396&artist=50

and if you're still looking for the RSD variants, they are still up here:

http://parkwaydrivemerch.myshopify.com/products/horizons-vinyl-lp?variant=20180156103

Yellow at FYE

• 1 year later...
13 hours ago, ethereal said:

I couldn't find a thread for it but does anyone know if Parkway's official merch site is down? (not KRM)

I wanted to grab one of those Horizons anniv. copies but it looks like the domain is offline now.

Probably being rebuilt in prep for the new album launch

I believe 24hundred has stock of the Anniversary press.....if not Resist records