Android (OS)

Just flashed it and I love it, except for the keyboard it comes with. Chinese IME or something. Super frustrating.

啊看;据了解目前的状况下的中国国民党籍立委李登辉总统今天上午十时三十分钟就可以完成情况的监督管理的原则认为在中国内生产总值增长百分之十五点一是一种方法和手段来的是一个小时左右而在是一种方法和手段和的地方法院以满足企业中我要他希望与社会公众提供专业培训与企业改革委员会成员名单将面临一个小时但目前市场为发展成为美国国务卿和我要也希望政府要及时地去北京?

啊看;据了解目前的状况下的中国国民党籍立委李登辉总统今天上午十时三十分钟就可以完成情况的监督管理的原则认为在中国内生产总值增长百分之十五点一是一种方法和手段来的是一个小时左右而在是一种方法和手段和的地方法院以满足企业中我要他希望与社会公众提供专业培训与企业改革委员会成员名单将面临一个小时但目前市场为发展成为美国国务卿和我要也希望政府要及时地去北京?

wut

Just flashed it and I love it, except for the keyboard it comes with. Chinese IME or something. Super frustrating.

Install Google Keyboard via the Play Store and enable it though your Settings > Input options, here's a direct link if it makes it easier-

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.inputmethod.latin

Personally I prefer SwiftKey. Been using it for years!

Huh, I'll probably give that a shot then!

However as much as this ROM is cool, it's not doing too great on my battery life. /: Need to see if I can find one that is good on battery.

Also, been thinking about trying some ROMs that work for Lollipop. Could I just flash Lollipop on my phone or would I have to use stock firmwares and use Odin like always? It usually is so buggy when I try the stock firmwares though. Maybe there's better custom Lollipop ROMS?

Huh, I'll probably give that a shot then!

However as much as this ROM is cool, it's not doing too great on my battery life. /: Need to see if I can find one that is good on battery.

Also, been thinking about trying some ROMs that work for Lollipop. Could I just flash Lollipop on my phone or would I have to use stock firmwares and use Odin like always? It usually is so buggy when I try the stock firmwares though. Maybe there's better custom Lollipop ROMS?

It takes your phone a few days to "settle" after installing a new ROM before you notice battery improvements. I'll take a look at the XDA gs5 section and see if there's one more suiting to your needs.

This looks like it's right up your alley, Lollipop build based on stock, de-bloated, performance tweaks, and new features from the S6 added. I'd give this one a shot, run it for a few a days and let the device get it's footing. These are the types of ROMs I prefer (not super into themes and novelty features).

http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s5/development/rom-geris-lp-duos-t3195300

Okay, so I did some shit right now. Totally soft bricked my phone earlier. I upgraded my OS to 5.1 and installed CWM, because I had it and was too lazy to download TWRP. Then I ran the SuperSU, but that was for 4.4.2, so it was just stuck on the Samsung Galaxy S5 screen.

Went into recovery and tried to recover my backup, but it was from TWRP, so it wouldn't recognize it. Just ended up going to download mode and flashed a stock firmware and that worked. Then went back to 5.1.

I panicked a small bit when it wouldn't recognize the backup, lol. Need to be more careful.

But anyways, since I'm on 5.1, can I flash that ROM? Or must I be on 5.0? I keep seeing 5.0 there, idk. I don't know how you find all these files dude. I'm so lost when browsing, haha.

EDIT: At least I THINK that's what happened.

Okay, so I did some shit right now. Totally soft bricked my phone earlier. I upgraded my OS to 5.1 and installed CWM, because I had it and was too lazy to download TWRP. Then I ran the SuperSU, but that was for 4.4.2, so it was just stuck on the Samsung Galaxy S5 screen.

Went into recovery and tried to recover my backup, but it was from TWRP, so it wouldn't recognize it. Just ended up going to download mode and flashed a stock firmware and that worked. Then went back to 5.1.

I panicked a small bit when it wouldn't recognize the backup, lol. Need to be more careful.

But anyways, since I'm on 5.1, can I flash that ROM? Or must I be on 5.0? I keep seeing 5.0 there, idk. I don't know how you find all these files dude. I'm so lost when browsing, haha.

EDIT: At least I THINK that's what happened.

Are you on stock 5.1? Is it rootable?

Or should I downgrade to 5.0? .-.

That ROM does look pretty sweet.

I'd downgrade and flash that ROM I suggested. Doesn't look like 5.1 has any barebone ROM builds for the GS5 at the moment, and to be honest the only thing added to that build is guest profiles, and I can't imagine anyone using that on their phone. Maybe a tablet, but it's a dumb feature for sure haha.

I'd downgrade and flash that ROM I suggested. Doesn't look like 5.1 has any barebone ROM builds for the GS5 at the moment, and to be honest the only thing added to that build is guest profiles, and I can't imagine anyone using that on their phone. Maybe a tablet, but it's a dumb feature for sure haha.

Yeah, haha true, that doesn't sound too exciting.

I'll flash that and see what happens! (:

Well, turns out it doesn't work for my model. Was stuck in a boot loop again. Wiped the major three as always and still nothing.

Sucks, because I really wanted to have it. /:

Should probably comment on that thread and let the developer know.

Do it! 9/10 someone will know what's wrong and help you.

Do it! 9/10 someone will know what's wrong and help you.

Well, I tried it one more time and it actually worked! But there was a problem with it. I wasn't receiving any messages, so I couldn't log into my Google accounts. At least it worked, but I will let them know about that. Hopefully they can fix that.

Been trying to give Twi5ted ROMs a shot. Tried both v7 and v6 and neither work for me.

Going to give an older one a shot and see what happens.

Also, I usually go into recovery, wipe, flash and then wipe again and then finally reboot. Don't know if I'm doing the right thing with doing an extra wipe.

But yeah, I'm hooked. I just want to flash EVERYTHING

It shouldn't be an issue but also isn't really necessary unless a dev suggests you do it. The only time wiping after flashing a ROM could be a problem is if you have to flash gApps (Google Apps zipped up, for use with AOSP/AOKP ROMs like CM because they don't include the Playstore and whatnot). In that case wiping data will erase what you just installed.

You have the flash fever! It happens to the best of us. :)

It shouldn't be an issue but also isn't really necessary unless a dev suggests you do it. The only time wiping after flashing a ROM could be a problem is if you have to flash gApps (Google Apps zipped up, for use with AOSP/AOKP ROMs like CM because they don't include the Playstore and whatnot). In that case wiping data will erase what you just installed.

You have the flash fever! It happens to the best of us. :)

Oh, okay cool. Well, it's funny because I tried it again't without wiping the second time and it totally worked, lol. I'm in LOOOOOVE with this one. I wish there was more customization like with Alliance, but this is so quick.

OH I HAVE IT

AND I FEEL LIKE DANCING

So I went to 5.1.1 and tried out Bliss Pop. Loved it, but the speaker volume is messed up on that rom (known issue). Tried a fix that was recommended and didn't work.

Other than that, it was a super awesome ROM. Really did like it.

Oh, also the email app that came included didn't work at all, so I couldn't sync my contacts. That was a little frustrating.

Believe it's a CM mod, or based off of it.