Android (OS)

I assume Blisspop was a 5.X ROM, did you flash the proper modem/update your PRL and Profile in the settings? You shouldn't use an older Android version's radio on a newer build otherwise you get issues like that. Also make sure you're running a compatible kernel. More often than not a dev will include one with their ROM, but it's also something worth experimenting with, especially if you want to dabble with over/under clocking and volt management (I don't recommend doing this without doing quite a bit of research beforehand).

As far as the volume problem your having there may be a mod in Xposed to unlock it. Sounds like it's an issue with Blisspop, let the dev know on XDA.

Are there any versions of CleanROM for your device? I'm using builds of it on my tablet and phone and love it. Used to run it on my S3 as well. The dev (Scott) puts a ton of work into it and is always the first to get a ROM out with new system versions.

Sorry for crashing this thread. I have just rooted a Sony Xperia J st26i, but kept the original Android. Does anyone have any good suggestion of a new ROM for this one?

My main problem with the phone is that it installs all apps on the root, which fills up quickly. I have  to add them to the internal sd-card manually, but I want play store to install it on the sd-card automatically. Anyone know a way around this?

I also can't seem to add contacts from V-card, which is strange and irritating.

Sorry for crashing this thread. I have just rooted a Sony Xperia J st26i, but kept the original Android. Does anyone have any good suggestion of a new ROM for this one?

My main problem with the phone is that it installs all apps on the root, which fills up quickly. I have to add them to the internal sd-card manually, but I want play store to install it on the sd-card automatically. Anyone know a way around this?

I also can't seem to add contacts from V-card, which is strange and irritating.

Here's a list of ROMs

http://forum.xda-developers.com/xperia-j-e/general/xperia-jst26i-roms-kernels-mods-how-tos-t2237164

Hybrid mentioned a few pages back that he's using the paid version Link2SD to move apps over to the SD card. I'm using the free version and it seems to work well, but you get a lot more features with the premium version so I'd suggest supporting the developer and pay for it given you'll use it daily.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.buak.Link2SD

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.buak.link2sdplus

As far as vcards go there are apps in the Playstore to convert/import them although I don't have an opinion about them because I haven't used one of those since the Droid X days. I have all my contacts synced with my Google account and don't use any carrier or device support for contact management.

How to sync your contacts with Google via Android:

https://youtu.be/DvS9Syoezy0

You can import the vcards you currently have to your Google account using your computer. Plug in your device, drag/drop them to your desktop, then use this:

https://support.google.com/mail/answer/183711?hl=en

If you're only dealing with a couple, you can manually add the contact info then sync all your contacts with your Google account. Try to avoid .vcf altogether and ask for screenshots in the future when exchanging numbers. Vcards are a trashy proprietary format exclusive to Verizon. They came in handy when everyone was using flip phones but they're completely unnecessary these days.

^thanks for the elaborate answer.

On ROMs: Yeah, I found that list, I just have no clue which one to start with and the pros and cons of them all...

On SD-card: Thanks for the app suggestion, will try it. I usually start with free versions and if I like the app I usually go premium/pro.

Yeah, I have all my contacts in google contacts, but can't sync them on the phone for some reason. in that video you linked (thanks) the option to choose Contacts to sync is not there, for some reason. Everything else is there :P Would have done it this way otherwise.

Wouldn't use v-cards if I didn't have to, and I don't want to. I will try the stuff you mentioned, and see if I'll get it to work...

Flashing a new ROM could solve that issue. That option isn't there because for some reason Sony didn't included it with their stock layover. Before you flash a ROM make sure your bootloader is unlocked - http://unlockbootloader.sonymobile.com/

Your device is considered a "legacy device" meaning there's no on going third party development for it, according to the dev of that Kk ROM:

"I suggest to everyone to install stock JB, remove all rubbish from system/app and install custom kernel until we fix those things. Of courses if you're fine with not working camera and other few bugs, go ahead to use Kitkat.

I frequently get private messages which say "please fix camera in CM11". Please read this post before you PM me again"

Are you on stock rooted ICS? If so I'd give this ROM a shot, very stripped down Cyanogenmod based:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/xperia-j-e/development/rom-slimbean-4-build5-16-11-fixed-bugs-t2340804

Flash this version of GApps after you flash the ROM:

http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=22979706399755082

You should get a super slim OS with the Sync option now :)

Well, as far as the apps moving automatically to the SD card, I don't know. But Link2SD is a fantastic tool if you're low on phone memory. It also let's you send the data and cache files to your SD, so your phone stays clutter-free.

It requires you to make a second partition onto your SD card (which I believe is reversible). It's just a second slot of memory specifically for these apps you want to move over, although I've found that after you make the second partition, apps can also be moved to your regular slot on the SD card, since you normally set it to 1-2 GB and isn't a whole lot of space. Especially for games.

The one thing I have noticed is you can 100% move an app to SD, but when you reboot your phone, I have lost all the data for the app and even the app itself. Had to download again.

Only way I've found is to move MOST of the app to the SD, but leave some files on your internal memory. Seems to work just fine for me.

I'll post some screenshots of it working in a second.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a way to reset your phone signal completely? Or maybe switch towers somehow? I know I can call my carrier and have them do that, but just wanted to see if there was another option.

My signal is usually always four to five bars (five bars is max) and browsing the Web is really fast, but I can't watch YouTube videos in 1080p anymore. It loads maybe three good seconds and then buffers for eight. Pretty annoying and this only started happening within the last week or so.

You have the correct modem installed right? If you're not sure look in the OP of the ROM you're running and there will probably be a link to a flashable zip. You can try to download a new profile/PRL in your settings. The wording differs between carriers, but try going to Settings > System Updates > Update PRL, Update Profile. I know some CDMA carries like Verizon offer a feature when you punch in a code in the dial pad and it'll update your radios. A Google search should tell ya what that it given you're able to use such thing.

Network Signal Refresher is a good app to relink your device to different towers. Not sure how much it costs but you can pirate it off Blackmart Alpha (https://www.dropbox.com/s/yyf3zsop24gn8un/Blackmart-0.99.2.81B.apk?dl=0 use Blackmart with caution, I'd install something like Avast! prior to using it. DO NOT give it SU Permissions).

Another option is to manually edit the PRL allowance in your build.prop, you'll need to use Root Explorer to do this but this is borderline hard brick territory. You'll be editing lines of code yourself in a system .txt file. If you want to give it a go I'll walk you through it and help you back it up beforehand, but it's definitely not something I'd recommend doing unless you're confident with your soft modification skills.

I keep trying to install Xposed, but I keep getting stuck in a bootloop. I've tried two different ROMs and neither have worked. I'm pretty sure they're deodexed, but not completely positive. It didn't say in the XDA forum, so that could be the case.

Need to search for one that is deodexed and hopefully I can have Xposed soon.

Xposed is a finicky bitch on Lollipop, especially if you have a Samsung device. There's a few extra steps you gotta take if you're using a Galaxy, I'd ask in the XDA thread.

I use WiFi Tether Router and don't have problems with it, albeit I only use it once in a great while, it was worth the few bucks. Double check and make sure your ROM doesn't already have a modified hotspot function built-in. You might be able to find that on Blackmart as well, that link I posted on the last page should still work.

Marshmallow is an interesting build indeed. They didn't change much aesthetically from Lollipop.

Aesthetically it's pretty much the same. Tap2wake is cool, but the best part of how smooth and quick it is. So much snappier than 5. Battery life has definitely gone up too which is a nice bonus. I like pure nexus cause it's simple and focuses on battery and function rather that most other Roms that have a ton of frills.

I keep trying to install Xposed, but I keep getting stuck in a bootloop. I've tried two different ROMs and neither have worked. I'm pretty sure they're deodexed, but not completely positive. It didn't say in the XDA forum, so that could be the case.

Need to search for one that is deodexed and hopefully I can have Xposed soon.

Are you flashing dirty or clean? I would clean wipe. Zip Rom. Clear cache. Flash gapps. Clear cache. Reboot. Check md5 while you're at it. Make sure your ROM is a good download.

I'm not a fan of xposed personally. Maybe try another ROM entirely?