PO: Pink Floyd - Piper at the Gates of Dawn, More, A Saucerful of Secrets and Ummagumma

4 hours ago, floyd_z said:

This.  Did the vinyl release have the red blinking light?  I remember my brother having and playing the CD when I was about eight, probably one of the reasons I love the Floyd so much.  Pretty sure that thing is still blinking to this day.

No, the vinyl box didn't have the red LED. Only the early CD release did. I have one somewhere from when it first was release. My battery died though and I had to swap it out a few years back. There's a write up online somewhere that's shows how to do it.

4 hours ago, floyd_z said:

4 hours ago, scentofdeath said:

Pics of the packaging anyone?

Here's a few cell phone pics of my UK copy of SOS.

The jackets on SOS and PATGOD are fake "Flipbacks" which kinda sucks, but they are still very nice. Not sure about More and Ummagumma, I didn't buy those.

The slab is inside a nice black poly sleeve. 

IMG_20160613_213006_zpssitsvjht.jpg

IMG_20160613_213013_zpsocogva4e.jpg

IMG_20160613_213024_zpsqco6mcvj.jpg

IMG_20160613_213055_zps2nxaakbb.jpg

IMG_20160613_213119_zpschopccog.jpg

IMG_20160613_213131_zpsalxkwmci.jpg

IMG_20160613_213458_zpsmhpi9ouy.jpg

• 2 months later...

The reissue campaign is continuing this month and next. The Wall and The Division Bell will be available August 26th.

Atom Heart Mother, Meddle, and Obscured By Clouds will be available on September 26th.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/pink-floyd-prep-vinyl-reissues-of-early-seventies-albums-w435067

On 6/13/2016 at 4:56 PM, floyd_z said:

On 6/13/2016 at 5:40 PM, scentofdeath said:

The DB is nothing more than a repress.

The Wall, however is mastered by Bernie Grundman, just like the rest of the discography that just came out/is coming "soon"

My Amazon UK preorder is telling me Nov 5-10 for Animals. I forget what the last update was for Meddle. They keep pushing the dates back.

• 1 month later...
On 8/18/2016 at 9:53 AM, THE_James_Champ said:

The reissue campaign is continuing this month and next. The Wall and The Division Bell will be available August 26th.

Atom Heart Mother, Meddle, and Obscured By Clouds will be available on September 26th.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/pink-floyd-prep-vinyl-reissues-of-early-seventies-albums-w435067

grabbed atom heart mother and meddle for $23.99 each on amazon prime. they sound great. just waiting for an animals repress now and i'll be set.

On 6/13/2016 at 4:56 PM, floyd_z said:

I have AHM and Meddle coming from Amazon UK, they will be here this week. Animals is preordered but it's not ccming for a while. I've been reading that The Wall repress is amazing, but can't bring myself to spend the $$$$ on it.

When AHM and Meddle get here, I'll compare them to an early UK press I have of each. I also have an early Japan press of Meddle that really shines. I'd like to see how it compares to the new one from UK.

The JPN press of Meddle is the only silent copy I've  ever found,  seems like most presses of Meddle were always noisy.

On 6/13/2016 at 5:40 PM, scentofdeath said:

6 hours ago, glass realms said:

Waiting and hoping to Atom Heart Mother, Meddle and Obscured By Clouds for under $20 each. Would rather have the UK presses though. The UK presses of Piper and Saucerful were flawless. I picked up a US press of More and it was pressed off center.

I grabbed Saucer, Piper, Meddle, Animals, and AHM for under $20 each through Amazon UK.

I preordered a long time ago. Some of them popped up for a bit and were gone again for a couple months, coming back with a higher price.

2 minutes ago, WAXXX said:

did Animals get the repress as well?

Not yet. I preordered it back in June or July though. Latest update from Amazon UK is a delivery date of Nov 6, but it keeps getting pushed back.

The entire Pink Floyd 16 album catalog is getting the remaster treatment by Bernie Grumman (other than Division Bell).

2 hours ago, vinyl addict said:

I grabbed Saucer, Piper, Meddle, Animals, and AHM for under $20 each through Amazon UK.

I preordered a long time ago. Some of them popped up for a bit and were gone again for a couple months, coming back with a higher price.

Wait... was this when they had the pricing error and  were being sold for, like, $4 each? 

EDIT: oops, it was actually amazon.de that were pratically giving them away, not UK. My order was cancelled after a few days.

Edited by cannonfunk

• 3 weeks later...

For those thinking of picking up the new WYWH press, just a heads up...

The US press is simply a repress of the Doug Sax cut (I own it and it sounds great), however the UK press is indeed a new cut by Bernie Grumman. So, if you want the new cut, order from UK.

Mine is supposed to arrive on Halloween, and I'll give it a clean, and spin it when I can to compare it to the Doug Sax 2011 cut.

On 10/23/2016 at 9:02 AM, vinyl addict said:

For those thinking of picking up the new WYWH press, just a heads up...

The US press is simply a repress of the Doug Sax cut (I own it and it sounds great), however the UK press is indeed a new cut by Bernie Grumman. So, if you want the new cut, order from UK.

Mine is supposed to arrive on Halloween, and I'll give it a clean, and spin it when I can to compare it to the Doug Sax 2011 cut.

Thanks for the heads up!! So there's no Bernie Grundman Division Bell cut at all?

• 1 month later...

Meddle, Obscured By Clouds and Atom Heart Mother are on Amazon Germany for 14 Euros each. Comes out to $16 each shipped (if you order all three together)

Meddle
https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B01DSV6WZO/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Obscured By Clouds
https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B01DSV6WR2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Atom Heart Mother
https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B01DSV6WL8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I know rushing shit into production is the new norm, but do you think they could have waited until they reissued Final Cut and Momentary Lapse before putting out a "Vinyl Collection Bundle". This really ticks me off, I don't why I am as angry as I am over something as insignificant as this, but it just bums me out.

http://shop.pinkfloyd.com/vinyl-collection-bundle

Each LP comes in a plastic sleeve with a 12" x 12" embossed insert, exclusive to this bundle.

Bundle Includes:

All 12 LPs reissued as part of the 2017 Vinyl Collection re-release.

The Piper At The Gates Of Dawn

A Saucerful Of Secrets

More

Ummagumma

Atom Heart Mother

Meddle

Obscured By Clouds

The Dark Side Of The Moon

Wish you Were Here

Animals

The Wall

The Division Bell