Bandcamp for ACLU

Today (Friday), Bandcamp is giving all of its proceeds to the ACLU, as are over 400 artists and labels.

Anyone pick up anything?

I got digital downloads of a bunch of things, including Father John Misty's new one, the new Menzingers, Joyce Manor - Cody, Weakerthans - Left and Leaving, Destroyer's Thief, Pinegrove - Elsewhere, Topshelf Sampler, Ztapes digital catalogue, Four Tet - There Is Love in You, and Nick Ferrio - Amongst the Birdsongs on vinyl (vinyl shipping from mostly US labels is crazy expensive, so just one record today).

From the site:

"And so all day today (starting at 12:01am Pacific Time), for any purchase you make on Bandcamp, we will be donating 100% of our share of the proceeds to the American Civil Liberties Union, who are working tirelessly to combat these discriminatory and unconstitutional actions."

Link to page: https://daily.bandcamp.com/2017/01/31/bandcamp-human-rights/

This Will Destroy You announced on fb 25% of their online merch profits from their online store will go to ACLU for the next 4 years which is fucking brilliant.

I only dropped $10 for the new pfb digital stuff but im in the process of buying my first apartment on my own dime atm. May make some personal donations later on when i have more wiggle room.

Saw an estimate that stated they've sold over 5 times as much music than a standard friday.