Alkaline Trio - Remains

Guest conoley

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I emalied the dude selling the blues on ebay and asked why he sold more than 20 if only 20 exist. This is the response I got:

7 people have NOT PAID FOR IT and i am not going to emailing them

2 or 3 times , auction says must be paid for within 3 days

we have another business to run , distribution

i can not sit her and anwer emails, its simple buy the record pay for it

and we ship it asap, i email them and told them that

it does not MEAN something is sold that its paid, we have at least 10 + people who dont pay everymonth, people just by stuff and wait 30 days to pay...this is why we dont sell on ebay as much as we did 3 years ago, the waste of time filing complain, and ebay takes the listing fee and final sales fee immediately from our credit card, so tell me now who's had is spinning

sorry men its just too much at times

cheers

pete

What a nut.

So I got my Remains from him today, what was supposed to be a blue swirl 1/20.

What I received in the end was just a normal turquoise one. So I´m quite pissed about this seller. Anyone else from here bought one of his "1/20 blue swirl" and got conned?

the clear green seems to be legit. I also got that from Auralexploits.

But this other seller dubma... claims to have blue limited to 20 copies which are just the normal turquoise ones. I know 3 people who bought the blue and ended up with the turquoise one. It looks like there is no blue swirl press and he just made that up. That bugs me...

BTW, I got this info from some ALK3 collector on HYE, this seems to be the real pressing information:

" so I hit up a friend who works at Vagrant and this is what he said was the pressing info. Looks like we might be screwed on the "out of 20" one :/

70 clear green

300 on turquoise (I think that's what I got)

400 on green/grey

900 on mustard

the rest on black"

im sorry but expecting a payment within 3 days is alittle obsessive...in my opionon on ebay both buyers and sellers should expect the same time....as in if a seller expects to get payment within 3 days a buyer should expect it within 3 days (and we know thats impossible/isnt happening) and that is what requiring immediate payment via paypal is for. he either needs to accept the ebay rules/policy (which is actually 14 days for payment) or sell someplcae else and i payed fast and still havent gotten mine so i find it hard to believe he ships so fast

Well if I´d complain he´d probably tell me that I got a blue one and that the blue ones look quite turquoise and stuff. I just find it quite lame that he makes up some pressing that obvoiusly doesn´t exist and tricks a lot of people that way. But that would explain why he sold much more than 20 of those "limited to 20" ones.

Plus If I´d give him bad feedback he´d probably give me a bad one in return since he hasn´t left feedback for me yet.

Yeah, he doesn´t seem to be the friendliest guy

(Oh, he also send me a payment reminder 1 and half day after the auction had finished....)

Heads up to anyone who wants to pull a little scam:

I went to my local Hot Topic today to pick this up, and saw that they were having a big CD sale where virtually every title is marked down to either $13.99 or $9.99. As I browsed the CD racks with my $26.99(!) double LP in my hands, I got the bright idea of peeling one of the $9.99 orange sale stickers off a CD and slapping it on the corner of the record.

Then, the ultimate stroke of luck: When I went to check out, my friend who works there showed up! We started talking as I stood at the counter, waiting for her to ring it up.

Then, the gods frowned on me: She was actually on her lunch break and couldn't ring me up, so she called over her manager to handle the transaction, who immediately said, "This definitely isn't $9.99, some kid must've been fucking with the sale stickers." I tried a half-hearted objection ("Well, technically, that's the price advertised, can't you just give it to me for that?") but she was having none of it.

But had it not been for that manager, I am 100% convinced that my friend or any other low-level minimum-wage employee there would've rung it up for the sale price. I encourage all of you to go give it a shot, as well (maybe try peeling off one of the $13.99 sale stickers, as that's slightly less obvious).

Heads up to anyone who wants to pull a little scam:

I went to my local Hot Topic today to pick this up, and saw that they were having a big CD sale where virtually every title is marked down to either $13.99 or $9.99. As I browsed the CD racks with my $26.99(!) double LP in my hands, I got the bright idea of peeling one of the $9.99 orange sale stickers off a CD and slapping it on the corner of the record.

Then, the ultimate stroke of luck: When I went to check out, my friend who works there showed up! We started talking as I stood at the counter, waiting for her to ring it up.

Then, the gods frowned on me: She was actually on her lunch break and couldn't ring me up, so she called over her manager to handle the transaction, who immediately said, "This definitely isn't $9.99, some kid must've been fucking with the sale stickers." I tried a half-hearted objection ("Well, technically, that's the price advertised, can't you just give it to me for that?") but she was having none of it.

But had it not been for that manager, I am 100% convinced that my friend or any other low-level minimum-wage employee there would've rung it up for the sale price. I encourage all of you to go give it a shot, as well (maybe try peeling off one of the $13.99 sale stickers, as that's slightly less obvious).

Edited by Kjm23
Delete