more copies of the splatter loved ones EP found...

j4m35

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems like a lot of people have been "finding more boxes" of supposedly out of print vinyl (Juturna comes to mind). I would think that would be one hell of a coincidence, but I would also think that they can't all be doing that on purpose. Right?

Yeah, what's up with that? And when will Don Giovanni find a box of Dorkrock?

i obviously don't know the semantics of how record companies store and sell vinyl, but it just seems a little retarded to me that you'd lose a box of records that you believe to be out of print, and then "find" them when there is a huge demand for the record. seems like an underhanded marketing ploy to me. the only other option is there are retards that need to be fired from the label for losing a whole fucking box of your product.

A lot more companies are finding vinyl because they actually care. Before you sold what you sold and that was that. With limited colors going faster these days it's of more interest when an item is found. Hell, before they might have just started shipping new orders with the found colors or quietly post it again for sale but now it's a big deal.

Additionally, anyone remember when Fat found a ton of colored vinyl a few years back (maybe like five now). Got good Riddance, Anti-Flag, Strung out and a few other from that. Great time.

i obviously don't know the semantics of how record companies store and sell vinyl, but it just seems a little retarded to me that you'd lose a box of records that you believe to be out of print, and then "find" them when there is a huge demand for the record. seems like an underhanded marketing ploy to me. the only other option is there are retards that need to be fired from the label for losing a whole fucking box of your product.

Well, at least they aren't charging an arm and a leg for them, presumably. Maybe it really was a mistake.

A lot more companies are finding vinyl because they actually care. Before you sold what you sold and that was that. With limited colors going faster these days it's of more interest when an item is found. Hell, before they might have just started shipping new orders with the found colors or quietly post it again for sale but now it's a big deal.

Additionally, anyone remember when Fat found a ton of colored vinyl a few years back (maybe like five now). Got good Riddance, Anti-Flag, Strung out and a few other from that. Great time.

yeah.

when you've got hundreds of boxes of shit everywhere its totally understandable that a small box of shit will fall through the cracks. when that ep came out there was no way they knew they were going to blow up (and i use that term lightly here) so hiding a box wouldn't have made since. also unless they sell them for 30 bucks a pop, its not like they're making more profit by selling them at cost now.