Where to find the best price on a Project Speed Box

Not sure how much shipping from Hawaii would end up being, but this would be a pretty good deal.

http://app.audiogon.com/listings/turntables-pro-ject-speedbox-ii-2013-10-17-analog-96822-honolulu-hi

Thanks for the link but I need a Speed Box S

I would totally get that if it worked with the carbon.

Same boat.

I would totally get that if it worked with the carbon.

Thanks for the link but I need a Speed Box S

The Speed Box II works with North American Debut Carbon's. They have a 16V/AC power supply. The difference between the Speed Box II and the Speed Box S is the S has a standby switch.

The Speed Box II works with North American Debut Carbon's. They have a 16V/AC power supply. The difference between the Speed Box II and the Speed Box S is the S has a standby switch.

Says at the bottom of the Pro-ject site that it isnt compatible. http://www.project-audio.com/main.php?prod=speedbox&cat=boxes〈=en

Says at the bottom of the Pro-ject site that it isnt compatible. http://www.project-audio.com/main.php?prod=speedbox&cat=boxes〈=en

Two important notes from that are:

"Only models with mains socket 16V/AC power supply."  The North American Debut Carson has a 16V/AC power supply.

"Debut Carbon and Debut Carbon Esprit can not be used with the Speed Box II because they require a 230 volt connection. " The NA Debut Carbon are not 230 volt so this note isn't relevant to North American customers.

I work for a Pro-Ject dealer in Canada and have physically tried a Speed Box II and Speed Box S in the Debut Carbon.

"Only models with mains socket 16V/AC power supply."  The North American Debut Carson has a 16V/AC power supply.

"Debut Carbon and Debut Carbon Esprit can not be used with the Speed Box II because they require a 230 volt connection. " The NA Debut Carbon are not 230 volt so this note isn't relevant to North American customers.

I work for a Pro-Ject dealer in Canada and have physically tried a Speed Box II and Speed Box S in the Debut Carbon.

Awesome! Thank you!!

Bumping this topic because I just bought a Pro-ject Speed Box S (black) from Needle Doctor to go with my Pro-ject Debut Carbon (which I bought from Musician's Friend) and am a little concerned. Everywhere I've read says that I need a 16 volt turntable to use this speed box, but my Debut Carbon says 15v on the back of the turntable. The wall wart also says 15v. However, I've read on VC in a few posts that the Speed Box S works with the Debut Carbon. Can anyone confirm this or should I cancel my order for the speed box?

Here's an image I found online of what the back of mine looks like:

x252DBTCFGG-o_other.jpg

Time out, who are you? If you work for a Pro-Ject dealer in Calgary chances are we have spoken at some point.

Bumping this topic because I just bought a Pro-ject Speed Box S (black) from Needle Doctor to go with my Pro-ject Debut Carbon (which I bought from Musician's Friend) and am a little concerned. Everywhere I've read says that I need a 16 volt turntable to use this speed box, but my Debut Carbon says 15v on the back of the turntable. The wall wart also says 15v. However, I've read on VC in a few posts that the Speed Box S works with the Debut Carbon. Can anyone confirm this or should I cancel my order for the speed box?

Here's an image I found online of what the back of mine looks like:

x252DBTCFGG-o_other.jpg

I'll have a look at a Debut Carbon at work tomorrow. We don't have a Speed Box in stock right now but I'm pretty sure the power supply included is the same as the one with the Debut Carbon.

Well the Debut Carbon's power supply is definitely 15V and the input on the turntable is marked 15V but the short answer is it's okay with a 16V power supply via the Speed Box.

We didn't have a Speed Box to test so we tested a Rega TT-PSU. We tested the line frequency at our store and we were getting fluctuations of 60.001 to 60.005. This is the important part when determining the platter speed. Voltage doesn't factor into the speed. The Speed Box and TT-PSU compensate for the fluctuations in line frequency and send out the exact frequency required for 33rpm and 45rpm.

Well the Debut Carbon's power supply is definitely 15V and the input on the turntable is marked 15V but the short answer is it's okay with a 16V power supply via the Speed Box.

We didn't have a Speed Box to test so we tested a Rega TT-PSU. We tested the line frequency at our store and we were getting fluctuations of 60.001 to 60.005. This is the important part when determining the platter speed. Voltage doesn't factor into the speed. The Speed Box and TT-PSU compensate for the fluctuations in line frequency and send out the exact frequency required for 33rpm and 45rpm.

Thank you so much for testing, I feel much better about not wasting my $129. If I was in your neck of the woods, I would bring all my business to you.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Okay, so I'm bumping this. I'm in the same boat, my Debut Carbon says 15V on the back and I have a speed box II left over from my old debut iii...

carbon was doing okay on 33pm and but noticed when i switch it over to 45rpm, the tone arm actually shakes and creates a hum...

what's the dealio? am i going to break something if i keep running the speedbox ii through my turntable? is the speedbox s going to give me the same result as both put out 16V?