Pokemon vinyl?

Yeah, Nintendo's never really receptive to community efforts using their properties. They're a really insular company.

Just look at the fit they throw every year a fighting game tourney wants to stream Melee. Like, they're surprised every single time for some reason.

I think "Insular" is a little harsh. 

I think the fact that Nintendo does their own thing is awesome. They do whatever the fuck they want and don't give two shits what anyone thinks. They utilize obscure technology that other gaming systems think would never work, even if it jeopardizing bankrupting the company. That's honorable if you ask me, not "insular". 

As far as not licensing the rights for cool things like gaming events and vinyl releases to thirds parties. It sucks for fans like you and me, but I get it. Nintendo has a very reputable, mostly family friendly, image to meet. I don't think they want to let a third party tarnish that. A specific example that comes to mind is when Disney (I think) licensed the star wars stuff to I Am Shark and that dude said something like "10,000 is limited, if you don't agree FUCK OFF!" on the preorder page. I don't think Nintendo wants to deal with that sort of shit. 

As an avid Nintendo fan owning all the systems, having multiple Nintendo related tattoos (including Pokemon), collecting games my whole life, I'd go nuts for some Nintendo vinyl if it every did happen!

If we're on video game soundtracks, my absolute favorite has to be the MOTHER series, Mother 2 (EarthBound in the states) and Mother 3 in particular. They're absolutely brilliant.

I would do immoral things to get any of these on vinyl if they existed. I also back pokemon OST vinyl, but I doubt it would ever happen.

Nintendo wont license any music to third parties right now, I have tried to do a bunch of different creative things but they just dont get it...sorry to shatter everyone's dreams on this

I'm not surprised.  Just this year they are putting the Pokémon soundtracks on iTunes, and some of the ones they are releasing have been out for 10 years.

You just reminded me that I once had this and now I must have it again.... how much do they run now?

Got that for like 6 bucks on Amazon, just got the Pokemon 2000 movie one also for 8 bucks, figured I might as well get all of them, so just looking for Pokemon 3 and 2BA Master. You'll see some jabronis trying to sell it for like $500 though.