Seattle/Pacific NW VC

3arl

• 1 month later...

nice! what area are you moving to?

Also this.

I'm just starting to look at apartments actually! You guys suggest anywhere in particular to look / avoid?

I'll be brand new to Seattle and any info is greatly appreciated. I'm trying to stay away from the University / school district and those dumb micro studios. Trying to get a studio or 1bdr for under $1,100.

I'm just starting to look at apartments actually! You guys suggest anywhere in particular to look / avoid?

I'll be brand new to Seattle and any info is greatly appreciated. I'm trying to stay away from the University / school district and those dumb micro studios. Trying to get a studio or 1bdr for under $1,100.

Yeah, avoid the Pearl. NE and SE are my areas of interest. I actually live in N. Portland, near PCC Cascade and the Alberta/Mississippi Arts districts. Rent is somewhat reasonable over there.  Wife and I got an incredible deal on our apartment, but there are some comparable to what you're looking for.

Yeah, avoid the Pearl. NE and SE are my areas of interest. I actually live in N. Portland, near PCC Cascade and the Alberta/Mississippi Arts districts. Rent is somewhat reasonable over there.  Wife and I got an incredible deal on our apartment, but there are some comparable to what you're looking for.

I think he's moving to Seattle, not Portland.

Ballard, Fremont, Wallingford, Cap Hill, and Queen Anne are all good neighborhoods. Do you know where you'll be working?

I'll be working at the main CenturyLink office up there, while I apply to Amazon and scope other places. Shhhhhh.

I'm just glad I'll have a job out the gate and won't have to stress about finding something right away.

Ballard, Fremont, Wallingford, Cap Hill, and Queen Anne are all good neighborhoods. Do you know where you'll be working?

I agree with this.  Capitol Hill and Ballard are great if you want to be within walking distance to venues and both have a really good night life if that's important to you.  If commuting is going to be a concern, Queen Anne and Capitol Hill might be a better option for you too as you won't have to deal with any bridges.

Congrats on the move!  This thread has a decent amount of info in it, but feel free to PM me if you have any questions.  I've been here for close to 5 years, so I should be able to cover most things.

Unrelated, I went to Bottleworks for the first time today and it was awesome!  I really wish I didn't drive though, I would have stuck around and had a pint or two.  Next time I'm going to ride my bike.

Unrelated, I went to Bottleworks for the first time today and it was awesome!  I really wish I didn't drive though, I would have stuck around and had a pint or two.  Next time I'm going to ride my bike.

Next time you're there let me know, and I'll grab a beer with you cus I live right down the street. It's a pretty awesome place.

I agree with this.  Capitol Hill and Ballard are great if you want to be within walking distance to venues and both have a really good night life if that's important to you.  If commuting is going to be a concern, Queen Anne and Capitol Hill might be a better option for you too as you won't have to deal with any bridges.

Congrats on the move!  This thread has a decent amount of info in it, but feel free to PM me if you have any questions.  I've been here for close to 5 years, so I should be able to cover most things.

Thanks for all the info, man. I really appreciate that. Easy commute will definitely be a plus since I don't have a car. Planning on getting a motorcycle come summer at about the 1yr mark. 

And thank you! I've been trying to do this move for a long time. I tried two years ago but got a great job offer in NYC that I couldn't turn down, and now I've finally saved up and ready to move. I'm most excited to be able to go to shows again. SLC has a decent amount, but nowhere near all the shows I see going out there. That and a lot more record shops to hit up. 

• 1 month later...