Seattle/Pacific NW VC

3arl

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Moving to Seattle for work in January 2016, stoked!  Though I'll severely miss Minneapolis.  Trust me, besides the stupid winters, it's an amazing city to live in.

The fiancé and I are thinking either Ballard, Fremont, or West Seattle.  Anyone have a strong opinion on these?  Working from home mostly, so don't mind the commute downtown occasionally.  Airport access would be nice, but not a must.  The lady and I are 30 somethings, outdoorsy, into craft beer and live music, but also becoming hermits who'd rather chill at home with netflix and the dog than go party.  

Anyhoo, if anyone happens to still check this thread, any advice is much appreciated!

Moving to Seattle for work in January 2016, stoked!  Though I'll severely miss Minneapolis.  Trust me, besides the stupid winters, it's an amazing city to live in.

The fiancé and I are thinking either Ballard, Fremont, or West Seattle.  Anyone have a strong opinion on these?  Working from home mostly, so don't mind the commute downtown occasionally.  Airport access would be nice, but not a must.  The lady and I are 30 somethings, outdoorsy, into craft beer and live music, but also becoming hermits who'd rather chill at home with netflix and the dog than go party.  

Anyhoo, if anyone happens to still check this thread, any advice is much appreciated!

Fremont or Ballard would be better regarding craft beer, a lot of breweries in those areas.  I'd advice against West Seattle as a first place to leave, it seems pretty isolated from the rest of the city.  Which if you're into that, might be cool, but it's a suburb in my mind.

Fremont or Ballard would be better regarding craft beer, a lot of breweries in those areas.  I'd advice against West Seattle as a first place to leave, it seems pretty isolated from the rest of the city.  Which if you're into that, might be cool, but it's a suburb in my mind.

I second all of this. Fremont/Wallingford/Ballard/Phinney seem like the areas you should be looking in. I live in this part of the city and I love it.

Appreciate it! When we visited just a few weeks ago, many locals said the same, that we should experience a neighborhood a bit more "in the thick of it" to start, then maybe make the move to West Seattle if we'd like later. Makes sense to me.

Thanks for the advice! Ok another question, maybe a stupid q - any favored websites to view Seattle apartments (or is craigslist best)?

Appreciate it! When we visited just a few weeks ago, many locals said the same, that we should experience a neighborhood a bit more "in the thick of it" to start, then maybe make the move to West Seattle if we'd like later. Makes sense to me.

Thanks for the advice! Ok another question, maybe a stupid q - any favored websites to view Seattle apartments (or is craigslist best)?

I haven't looked for an apartment in quite a few years, but to my understanding Craiglist still seems like the way to go.

• 1 month later...

Hey Seattle folks! I'm flying in on Sunday around 2 and I'll have to drive to Moses Lake (like 2.5 hours) by the end of the day, so I can hang out for a few hours. Don't mind driving a little for some good food or something cool to check out... Where would you recommend? I'll be back in a few weeks for basically the same trip, so I could check out a few places in that time. Thanks for your help!

Edit: I like burgers, tacos and sushi if I'm trying to pick somewhere to eat. And I can dig a cool nature spot, an arcade, something offbeat... anything really cool to see! I don't have to be on the road at any specific time, just need to be able to drive and get a little sleep before work Monday morning.