System Of A Down - Toxicity (repress on MOV?)

I hope they don't do some overpriced colour variant! BLACK, that's all. That way this forum won't go stir crazy and everyone can get their hands on one!

It's not going to be reasonably priced regardless of color because its manufactured and distributed from Europe.  Their currency is valued higher than the US dollar thus their cost of living is different.  So what would be a $12 record for Americans is more like a $17 record for Europe and then on top of that it has to be shipped to the US.  So no matter what color there are going to be people here that don't understand that and will go crazy.

Then there will be those that understand that concept and order it.  And of course those that don't care and just want it so they fork over the money.

Excited for this....A considerable amount of my collection are MOV presses. They do press some great stuff. I also actually like trying to get the colored variants of the albums they press. If they were to do one for Toxicity, I could see it being like a brown, red, and black swirl

It's not going to be reasonably priced regardless of color because its manufactured and distributed from Europe. Their currency is valued higher than the US dollar thus their cost of living is different. So what would be a $12 record for Americans is more like a $17 record for Europe and then on top of that it has to be shipped to the US. So no matter what color there are going to be people here that don't understand that and will go crazy.

Then there will be those that understand that concept and order it. And of course those that don't care and just want it so they fork over the money.

You make a valid argument. Maybe because I live in Canada I get dinged with extra shipping. I wish my independent record store got these coloured variants in. They only get the black, usually.

I myself own many MOV titles on colour. And have enjoyed them all! I just can't take all the whining on this board for a HQ pressing.

Sorry if I came across as a whiner...

I have some mixed thoughts on MOV, some represses of rare and out of print records are pretty sweet. Since they press them here, they are affordable here.

But they also repress stuff that you can still find pretty easy and pretty cheap in near mint condition. Today they releases Meat Loaf - Bat Out Of Hell, which you can find so easy. Kind of ridiculous. 

Sold my toxicity sealed to go see them and deftones in chicago. Deftones / s.o.a.d chicago, then bbking in lincoln, and lastly knotfest in iowa. Great trip!

We should have car pooled, I'm from the Twin Cities.  I saw Static-X and All That Remains at some radio festival (along with a big handful of other bands) somewhere along the border of Illinois and Wisconsin on my way down, then a couple shows in Chicago.  I've been on so many trips they blend together but I want to say For The Fallen Dreams and Suicide Silence at Congress Theatre for some all day show/festival, lots of bands, and then this Deftones/System show, and I caught both Knotfests as well.  So much fun.  My timing was impeccable at the System show, after all the hassle parking, getting inside, walk down the stairs to the floor, as soon as my foot touch the floor the lights went down for Deftones.  That System set was one of the best I've seen, that Prison Song intro was one hell of an adrenaline rush.  A crowd full of cats just starving for that music & show.  So glad I went.

This post will be updated, if there's any news/preorder/etc.

Sweet! Thanks.

Where do I sign!

This and the S/T are amazing albums. I didn't understand what I was listening to, the first time I heard the S/T. Metal-Punk-Opera??? Toxicity was released on 9/11/01, spooky. They should definitely be pressed with a sexy-classy numbered color variant, have people lost their minds? 

Ruined what, my post was meant for the maskedvigilante, as you answered the question 100% correctly.  I was assuming you were there & witnessed all the barbaric action.

Damn right I was there...It was disgusting! maskedvigilante started all of it and then tried to blame the mariachis...

No, I have no clue. I was thinking about Serj singing and rubbing his nipples when I read it and I thought, feral. He's like a crazed chimpanzee.

• 2 weeks later...

So here's their response:

Goodmorning

Thanks for your mail.

This title should have been taken down a long time ago, we are not gonna release this album …

but knows what the future will bring J

Our site shows all our available releases, www.musiconvinyl.com

All the best

Music On Vinyl

I'm sorry if I raised anyone's hope.