Dischord remasters

My yellow-jacket First Two EPs sounds pretty alright, but compared to my OG copy of Four Old 7"s on a 12" (not that they have any of the same music, so this comparison may not be valid) it's pretty weak.

IIRC Dischord had good European connections in the 80s so a lot of their stuff (especially Out of Step presses) were pressed in France and sound great. There's a French Out of Step at my local brick and mortar that I want to get just to see how good it sounds.

TL;DR yeah, I don't think they sound as good

The exception might be the clear press of Four Old 7"s on a 12", but that's just speculation. In my experience, clear vinyl sounds very good. My clear copy of Ribbed sounds the best out of all four.

I used to have an original pressing of "Four old 7"s" and it sounded amazing, so lifelike even on my super crappy system I had at the time.  The remaster sounds blah on significantly better system.  That's a great example. 

I just went to listen to Faith "Subject to Change" on Spotify and noticed they have both the original and remastered versions.  I A/Bed them and the new mix sounds weird when comparing them side to side.  To me, the original sounds more balanced whereas the remaster sounds like they brought up the vocals and turned down the guitars.

I have all the originals and many of the remasters. I'll have to A/B them sometime because I can't recall the new ones sounding worse to me but I also can't recall listening to any of the remasters and thinking they sounded much different. I did recently listen to the Hoover remaster and thought it sounded good. 

i thought my green and white minor threat lp's sounded ok. essentially im not too concerned about sound quality on minor threat LPs, seeing as most sound like they were recorded with a potato anyway.

Both of those were right before they remastered them so they were using the original mastering.