PO: Bongripper - Miserable

Well, it's sold out anyway.  :P

It is essentially a kickstarter, especially since the band seems to not want to repress things despite high demand. I don't dislike the idea of bands taking on a kickstarter-esq plan though, especially if it's an independent band and the album is finished (just needs to get pressed)

Actually, I really dig what Ninjatune did with "beat-delete." Pretty much just a kickstarter to repress old albums. Once enough people make a "preorder" it gets repressed. I wish more labels did that. It would save them the hassle of judging which albums have a high enough demand for a repress and prevent them from making too many/not enough. 

Yeah, I completely agree.

My ramblings were not to take away anything from how they went about the release, just an observation. I would've jumped on it had I had the available funds to channel. Endless is a quarter of an hour of amazing riffage and I wouldn't mind having them pummel away for another half an hour at it, which I imagine the album to be.

this is nick from bongripper.

i am anti-kickstarter and long pre-orders in general, which usually act as a kickstarter.  we did not intend for a pre-order of this length.  the plan was to get the vinyl out by maryland deathfest, but the process moved slower than expected.  we literally had the artwork completed the day before the stream went live, which we expected to be finished months ago.  i already had the stream set up with noisey so people can hear the new track which we will be playing at MDF.  it's half our set.  we decided to start the pre-order when the stream went live because noisey/vice is a popular site.  this way people will not forget about the record when it's physically available.  we did not fund this pressing with your pre-order money.

this is nick from bongripper.

i am anti-kickstarter and long pre-orders in general, which usually act as a kickstarter.  we did not intend for a pre-order of this length.  the plan was to get the vinyl out by maryland deathfest, but the process moved slower than expected.  we literally had the artwork completed the day before the stream went live, which we expected to be finished months ago.  i already had the stream set up with noisey so people can hear the new track which we will be playing at MDF.  it's half our set.  we decided to start the pre-order when the stream went live because noisey/vice is a popular site.  this way people will not forget about the record when it's physically available.  we did not fund this pressing with your pre-order money.

Even if you did, I (nor most anyone, I imagine) would not have minded. More power to you if you can keep putting out great music. In my eyes, it doesn't take anything away if it's done with the help of the people who support what you do.

The observation was very random and with nothing other than the intention of rousing discussion. Not in a particulary fitting thread I suppose but for whatever reason my mind sometimes works like that.

Keep up the riffage.

• 2 weeks later...

Alright. All you Europeans jump on this.

Burning World has both variants available to pre-order. They estimate the arrival by the end of June.

Ordered that wine. So psyched they got this in.

Get it here

http://burningworldrecords.com/item/miserable-wine-pre-order-double-lp

Or here

http://burningworldrecords.com/item/miserable-pre-order-double-lp

Wine is gone now, black still available.

• 1 month later...

Stream of the new album is up on their bandcamp page.  I'd post the link but I'm not able to do so.............not sure why.  Lame.

Here's the link. It will be pay what you want download for a few days, but be a good guy and buy it.

And it's sooooooo heavy.

http://bongripper.bandcamp.com/album/miserable

• 5 weeks later...

So it's finally coming !

MISERABLE 2LP VINYL UPDATE: We approved the test presses for the Miserable 2LP vinyl this morning after 2 separate issues, both of which were not the plant's fault. Everything should be in order and we expect to have the finish vinyl within the next few weeks and we will update accordingly.

• 3 weeks later...