just moved to detroit

Detroit gets a bad rap because it’s an actual wasteland. and Kwame didn’t do anything to help that. I know Woodward ave and places in that area are still doing fine, but even corktown has been pretty fucked for the past decade or more. Point blank, you cannot live in that city and expect to feel safe. Your car will get broken into you, you will have shit stolen from you. Has anyone driven through the worst neighborhoods? If there are even houses still standing, you’ll see little while dolls hanging from nooses in the trees. People just chilling on their porches with guns. Anyone who visits from out of town just tells me about getting accosted by a crackhead on the corner for pill money. I feel like people blindly defend that city. I hope that it will recover one day but I don’t see it happening.

Detroit gets a bad rap because it’s an actual wasteland. and Kwame didn’t do anything to help that. I know Woodward ave and places in that area are still doing fine, but even corktown has been pretty fucked for the past decade or more. Point blank, you cannot live in that city and expect to feel safe. Your car will get broken into you, you will have shit stolen from you. Has anyone driven through the worst neighborhoods? If there are even houses still standing, you’ll see little while dolls hanging from nooses in the trees. People just chilling on their porches with guns. Anyone who visits from out of town just tells me about getting accosted by a crackhead on the corner for pill money. I feel like people blindly defend that city. I hope that it will recover one day but I don’t see it happening.

To be totally honest I haven't had any problems yet... I do live in what most call the hooood ...I leave my car unlocked with nothing in it. Neat trick huh?

I also have such hobbies as: buying plane tickets to Peru (or any other exotic possibly dangerous place) and jumping on the first motorcycle I see for sale and taking care of business/ record diggins.

Corktown is really pleasant right now. Violence and pain are everywhere just depends on how you swollow it and crap it out.

I'm definitely with Madie.

My buddy had his window broken ($300 fix or something like that) for the change in the cup holder. Also, the door was open.

Anyone hear the story about the guy that was bringing goats into the city to chow all the weeds and giant grasses in the abandoned lots? Thought that was genius. Believe the city shut him down, though.

I'm definitely with Madie.

My buddy had his window broken ($300 fix or something like that) for the change in the cup holder. Also, the door was open.

Anyone hear the story about the guy that was bringing goats into the city to chow all the weeds and giant grasses in the abandoned lots? Thought that was genius. Believe the city shut him down, though.

That's a bummer. A friend of mine had left some fresh baked cookies in her car and the back door was shattered and the cookie gone as well.

I keep dead flowers on my dash and an eyeless furby next to them. I also ride a huge 20 year old cargo van with tip top Graff sprayed all over it.

That's mah secuuurity system .

I grew up on Plainview near Tireman (old polish neighborhood) untill '91 when my mom got car jacked and dad was going to prison for smuggling coke in the 70s and 80s so we bailed. Now im out in White Lake about a hr NW and love it. We go back for concerts ect but I avoid it if possible. Love the old houses or whats left of them........

You got the best fucking hockey team on the planet right in your backyard. Rejoice.

My dream is to live in Detroit but America just sucks too much for me to want to live there.

The RedWings have not been a Cup contender the last 3 years, so we have work to do. Also Detroit is a dump and I hate the city. I went to Wayne State before I moved this summer to a different state and alsovolunteered at the emergency department of Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit is not safe, whether you've experienced how terrible it is or not. Let's not be naive.

What high school did you go to? I grew up in shores and went to lakeview, class of '04. Never left. Live on 10 mile canal now.

This should become the official Detroit area thread.

I went to De La Salle, graduated in '11. I live off of Jefferson between 10 and 11 on a canal, as well. We're damn near neighbors.

Like I said, I'm in Ann Arbor for school now though.

Record time closed

Damn, Record Time used to be me and my old man's favorite spot. He's been collecting since he was a kid and has ridiculous amounts of 45's. It was a real shame when that place closed. We raided their closeout sale though.

Also, anyone ever stop in Melodies and Memories around 9 and Gratiot? Every time I'm in there, the workers are nothing but dicks. It's an unpleasant experience each and every time. My dad and I used to spend hours in there too, though.

I grew up on Plainview near Tireman (old polish neighborhood) untill '91 when my mom got car jacked and dad was going to prison for smuggling coke in the 70s and 80s so we bailed. Now im out in White Lake about a hr NW and love it. We go back for concerts ect but I avoid it if possible. Love the old houses or whats left of them........

I lived in White Lake until 2012. Great place man. Where abouts? I lived off 59 in Cedarbrook.