PO SOON: LITE "Installation" LP

No, I'm just saying that they don't seem to have enough recognition from how good that music video is, pretty much.

If it's been out for a year, then I mean it even more, seeing as all three variants are still available.

As a retired guitarist and drummer myself (quite amateur), I've always appreciated LITE's compositions a bit more than toe or Te', though they have slightly inferior chops. They are no slouches by any means! Their guitarists have such a chemistry going, it's fantastic the melodies they create.

Got an email today from Topshelf:

You are getting this email because you have ordered the LITE "Installation" vinyl from us. We wanted to send out an update since we figure most of you realized there was a delay. We are expecting to have these in our hands near the end of next week and will do our best to ship them out immediately. You will receive a shipping notification email when your order ships.

We're usually much better about sending updates if there is a delay so for that we are very sorry.

Thanks for the support!

So there ya go.

Got an email today from Topshelf:

So there ya go.

Yep got that today too!

I don't even mind that it's slightly delayed.  I'm a patient boy.  ^_^ 

I care way more about getting the correct order, and a shipping notification with customs # is always super helpful.  

Not referring to topshelf there^ at all, they've always been rock solid for me, just speaking generally, in terms of ordering records online.

• 2 weeks later...

got mine today. These guys sound more tech-oriented (if that makes sense) than toe. does, but I dig it. I love instrumental stuff, it just blows my mind how someone/a group of people can be so skilled that they make stuff like this. 

still waiting for mine to arrive. My terms to describe the two bands differences is LITE is more 'mathy' and toe more 'jazzy' - but both very technical in the precision. But LITE has a melodic tone to their mathy precision that makes them so accessible and engaging imho esp. the guitarists. Takashi may have the reputation and (better) skill set than LITE's drummer, but he is no slacker.  Not quite apples and oranges though - some tracks off New Sentimentality by toe I think sound like LITE's style, esp. my favorite, 1 21 

Got the 180g black /100 today!

I noticed Pleiades is left off the tracklist on the artwork on the back.  The topshelf store says it is on the vinyl, and I know for sure it was on the digital download.

Was it just left of the tracklist for whatever reason?  I have the UK CD and it says 'Pleiades (UK bonus track)' on the back, so I'm assuming the vinyl has the track, but the artwork is just the same as the original release, and not the UK version.

Just got my clear with black smoke and it looks very pleasing to my eyes and sounds equally pleasing to my ears. Wasn't expecting it because the tracking said it was still a ways away. Happy surprises. also got Caspian's Waking Season. both had a corner bump but such is the Lp mailing life. My friend Just saw these guys last month and said they killed it live. I had work :/

Just got my clear with black smoke and it looks very pleasing to my eyes and sounds equally pleasing to my ears. Wasn't expecting it because the tracking said it was still a ways away. Happy surprises. also got Caspian's Waking Season. both had a corner bump but such is the Lp mailing life. My friend Just saw these guys last month and said they killed it live. I had work :/

Pleiades present on the vinyl record despite being absent from tracklisting - Confirm or Deny?