Pitch Changing On Record

So I'm just getting into records and just today I bought pink floyds Animals. It is slightly/decently warped but tracks fine on my TT. The one problem is, on the last track the pitch changes every few seconds sometimes more noticeable then others. It's only on the last track so what would cause that? Is it because it's warped? Is there anything I can do to fix it? Thanks!

Also the record was worth $23, is it worth that much if it's warped or should I return it to the shop I bought it at? 

If it has a sever warp and distortion it's pretty much worthless. If it was in other places, not just the last track I'd say you need a new belt on your TT, as is, I'd say your TT isn't tracking quite right dues to the warp. (I'd guess it isn't as good as you imagine on the other tracks either if it is that severely warped.)

I'd return it if I were you, if they'll allow it.

If it has a sever warp and distortion it's pretty much worthless. If it was in other places, not just the last track I'd say you need a new belt on your TT, as is, I'd say your TT isn't tracking quite right dues to the warp. (I'd guess it isn't as good as you imagine on the other tracks either if it is that severely warped.)

I'd return it if I were you, if they'll allow it.

Well what would cause it the pitch to be off? I have a good musical ear and I think I would be able to tell if other songs were off. Also, since I'm new to records I don't really know what a severe warp is compared to a minor one. Any ways I can tell how severe it is?

If the warp is pretty bad, the needle will be moving at different angles, so it'll pick up different things. It will also be moving at different speeds on up slopes and down slopes on the warp. Sounds like it may be a pretty severe warp if you're getting that much pitch change. Some records also just get distorted further in because of the angle of the needle in the groove closer to the middle. Without looking at it no one will be able to tell you definitively whether it's the record or your player.

Also, no shop that I know of will take back a record after purchase unless it's snapped in half. You're stuck with it.

Yup. You'll have to sell it back and they'll give you very little if it's as warped as it seems. Live and learn. Always check your records before you leave the shop.

Yup. You'll have to sell it back and they'll give you very little if it's as warped as it seems. Live and learn. Always check your records before you leave the shop.

They do have a return policy for store credit. Also the only reason paid that much was because the "cover" (proper terminology?) was in perfect condition.

My shop would take it back, but my shop would never sell a warped record to begin with, just return it and get your store credit. 23$ for a damaged record? No bueno, but it happens. I try to spin before buying used.

This^ Always spin your records at the store if buying used, if they don't have a table, take a really good look at it.

My shop would take it back, but my shop would never sell a warped record to begin with, just return it and get your store credit. 23$ for a damaged record? No bueno, but it happens. I try to spin before buying used.

Well this is a very nice shop from what I've read. It's known as one of the best in America I've heard, Waterloo in Austin.