PO: Yellowcard - Lift A Sail

That was a good read.  It sure makes the world of a difference when a band/singer/writer has something deep & meaningful to write about.  i.e.  When You're Through Thinking, Say Yes.  It seems to show when an album is released because they're obligated by contract & just going through the motions, or if something meaningful has happened to them, be it good or bad.  Not just with Yellowcard, but any band or artist.  The whole thing the singer went through with his aunt, and her history w/the band, almost the spark of what ignited Yellowcard, and then losing her to cancer, made one of the greatest albums...  Sounds like they had something to write about this time around, as well.  

This 1, 2 punch of Yellowcard & the new New Found Glory will make a fun fall 2014, with Motion City Soundtrack coming along somewhere along the lines too.  Wouldn't that make a fantastic tour?

That said, I call their bluff with this "pre-order exclusive" jibber jabber.  The acoustic Ocean Avenue album had a solid white pre-order only variant that was available all over the place after it came out, and still might be.  

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Transmission Home is easily my favorite song on the record. I'm not sure if I'm just past this band or what (which I mean, I doubt because I love the last two), but this record is down with Lights and Sounds in the discography for me. Probably better because the vocals are just so much better.

I don't think Yellowcard has been big on deluxe editions, but traditional on bonus tracks otherwise.  Has anybody heard any word of any on Lift A Sail?  iTunes bonuses or usually the Japanese versions have something.  Southern Air had a Japanese edition that had fantastic acoustic versions of Always Summer & Telescope.  There's also an acoustic Here I Am Alive floating around somewhere, I couldn't find it for sale so resorted to snatching it off YouTube.

p.s.  Just checked their wiki page, which indicates there's a Japan bonus track called In Time.  Don't see any on iTunes.

Checked out the stream and personally to me it's probably their worst album. Especially after how great Southern Air was. There's a few standout tracks but very little of what makes Yellowcard great.

well damn. I haven't had time to listen to the full thing yet