PO: re-presses of Electric Wizard - Let Us Prey and We Live!

Dang, I'd personally be more than a bit bummed out on that. Did you ask whether they'd replace it or you can't be assed?

Just got Gold/Purple mix of We Live. Maybe like my second favourite EW album. I don't really have time for anything post-Witchcult

Just noticed that you got a gold mix. Any chance you could take a shot of it? Been scouring instagram for a peek but there seem to only be photos of solid gold or color/black variants. Really thinking about getting both of the gold mixes.

Just got Gold/Purple mix of We Live. Maybe like my second favourite EW album. I don't really have time for anything post-Witchcult

Though I do "celebrate their whole discography," as Juan would say. I can totally respect this.

Just noticed someone quoted this, so I had to say it.

Everything they do is pretty good, better than most eve, but it has been kind of downhill since Witchcult.

Just noticed that you got a gold mix. Any chance you could take a shot of it? Been scouring instagram for a peek but there seem to only be photos of solid gold or color/black variants. Really thinking about getting both of the gold mixes.

Yeah I'll take a pic. It's kind of hard to see but should be able to get a good shot of it.

Though I do "celebrate their whole discography," as Juan would say. I can totally respect this.

Just noticed someone quoted this, so I had to say it.

Everything they do is pretty good, better than most eve, but it has been kind of downhill since Witchcult.

Definitely downhill after Witchcult. There's just the surplus of occult-rock/retro-rock bands around at the moment that the post-Witchbult stuff seems to sit nicely in. Not really of much interest to me.

ugh, so i bought these on my roadtrip last week and i just cracked open We Live to spin it, i got the gold variant, but i also got two C/D records, no A/B. at first i thought it was just the labels, but the etchings match. its weird, the two records are different shades of gold (one clear and one opaque) and one is 180g and the other is noticeably less. its almost like theyre from totally different pressings.

since i dont live near the record store (End of an Ear in Austin, TX) should i email Rise Above and see if theyll send me an A/B disc?

ive never had this happen before, im super bummed haha

Damn. That's no good. I do hope you get that sorted out.

I find it increasingly weird that I can only find either gold & the red/black or gold & green copies of Let Us Prey and We Live on ebay and instagram. Not a single photo of the gold mixed with purple or red.

Even Discogs doesn't seem to admit of the gold mixes being in existence.

Preordered through Amazon, I should have mine by the 9th. No color stated, so it's a complete surprise. I am excited! I'm sure they just sent them the most pressed color though.

I think most of this run was /500 for both albums, even black. I'm somewhat excited, but expecting black. Who knows, though!

Yeah I'll take a pic. It's kind of hard to see but should be able to get a good shot of it.

How's that picture coming along ? ;)

If it's anything like this, no need to bother. I'm not quite sure whether this is a solid gold or I'm seeing purple streaks there. If it's the latter then they definitely held back with the purple.

10817980_571013619696768_1387164189_n.jp

I'll let you know. Even though the Gold/Purp isn't the most limited, it's definitely the most interesting combo imo.

Just my thoughts. Clear doesn't really do anything for me, especially for a heavy release like this. Works. Something to do with how thick the music is and how thick I perceive the wax to be? Don't ask. I'm weird like that.

If anyone's wondering how the purple/green mix looks like: it looks pretty bad... 

Cease our wondering then ! Take a picture man. I'm dying to see it.

Just my thoughts. Clear doesn't really do anything for me, especially for a heavy release like this. Works. Something to do with how thick the music is and how thick I perceive the wax to be? Don't ask. I'm weird like that.

Coloured vinyl is more just a bonus for me, I don't give too much of a shit what version I have but if an interesting version is available then I'll go for that.

I do like clear vinyl and actually my favourite release on clear is the 2010 (?) SL release of A Bureaucratic Desire for Extra-Capsular Extraction, the Earth compilation. Heavy wax and very heavy material and it looks incredible. I'll get a photo of that when I also get a photo of We Live (I forgot to take a photo AGAIN because I basically got drunk as soon as I finished work yesterday).

Coloured vinyl is more just a bonus for me, I don't give too much of a shit what version I have but if an interesting version is available then I'll go for that.

I do like clear vinyl and actually my favourite release on clear is the 2010 (?) SL release of A Bureaucratic Desire for Extra-Capsular Extraction, the Earth compilation. Heavy wax and very heavy material and it looks incredible. I'll get a photo of that when I also get a photo of We Live (I forgot to take a photo AGAIN because I basically got drunk as soon as I finished work yesterday).

Oh yeah, I definitely agree. Some releases on clear just make for an amazing package altogether. Hibernaculum on clear also fits that bill really well, in my eyes.

It's usually the most interesting version I'm after as well. If you've got a choice of a number of colours and they all cost the same why not go for the one that you'll most enjoy looking at. I've seen the red/black and purple/black transparent mix done quite many times now but I've yet to see solid gold and solid whatever colour mixed. Sounds alluring.

Works.

Just noticed that I began the sentence but didn't finish it. What I wanted to say was that I find clear aesthetically works best for some introspective neo-classical/ambient music, or really anything meditative, which Earth definitely fall into.

Oh yeah, I definitely agree. Some releases on clear just make for an amazing package altogether. Hibernaculum on clear also fits that bill really well, in my eyes.

It's usually the most interesting version I'm after as well. If you've got a choice of a number of colours and they all cost the same why not go for the one that you'll most enjoy looking at. I've seen the red/black and purple/black transparent mix done quite many times now but I've yet to see solid gold and solid whatever colour mixed.

If the gold looks as good in person as the Mars Volta gold from recently, you will not be disappointed