PO: re-presses of Electric Wizard - Let Us Prey and We Live!

Since I don't have a lot of releases by Electric Wizard, I'd like to know from people who have heard all their stuff, what are your top five records by them, in order? 

Fanatics

Dopethrone

S/T

Witchcult

We Live

That's the long-term list. I've actually been listening to S/T a lot lately though and it could top the list in the near future, which from what I gather is a strange thing.

Fanatics

Dopethrone

S/T

Witchcult

We Live

That's the long-term list. I've actually been listening to S/T a lot lately though and it could top the list in the near future, which from what I gather is a strange thing.

Those top three are all kind of interchangeable for me. Some people swear by dopethrone. The newer records arent terrible but wouldnt be a starting point purchase wise unless you find them super cheap.

Just got some copies of Fanatics on (purple marble?) and Dopethrone, s/t and Witchcult on black vinyl in stock. Purple looks pretty cool.

5cnma8.jpg

Isn't that the purple gold mixed? Looks a lot like the variant caninesapien posted a few pages back.

The only reason I'm doubting is that the other variant is announced as solid purple. This one looks like it has quite a few gold streaks.

I must confess I caved and paid an insane amount for the Dopethrone on clear. It'll be perfect with the artwork and will go well along with the clear Time To Die so I just couldn't help myself. 

What's with the insane shipping costs? Rise Above is asking 15£ to ship what other labels would only ask half of. 

They must've really gauged the prices on these. The cheapest Dopethrone LP I could find on Discogs was 32£ sans shipping so paying 39£ for a brand new repress straight from the label wasn't comparably bad, but I think that's exactly what they put money on - that there would be dupes like me willing to pay an extra 4£ just to get a variant to their liking. I know I'm part of the problem but I'm still really looking forward to spinning this.

This is the last of these I'll be getting through them though. Long-term I'm planning on grabbing all of these represses but it's definitely a lot cheaper to go through another EU distro.

Guest Secular Haze

He would be referring to the Ultra Clear /100 Dopethrone. Not to be confused with Milky Clear or Absence of Color Clear.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...