Craigslist Advice

Hey guys - I know this is another one of "those threads" but hear me out.

I'm trying to pick up Brand New tickets for their Portland date on Saturday - it's for the lady of the house's birthday - and I'm dealing with this guy on Craigslist. The price is reasonable, however in conversation with him he has said he is out of town and wants to transfer the will call tickets to a friends name, then have the friend pick them up and handle the transaction for him.

I never really buy tickets on Craigslist for the obvious reasons, but going would really make my lady happy, so what's the best way to handle this? Should I be a nice dick about it?

I don't really see the issue here.  You meet up with his friend and exchange $ for either physical tickets or entry to the show (never had a will-call situation where they gave me an actual ticket upon arrival).  

What reasonable alternative can you think of?  Would you rather send him money in exchange for having the will-call name changed to you?

It's a little absurd to suggest you are going to get murdered or ripped off.  The only real risk seems to be that the buyer/friend flakes and never meets up with you and you're stuck without tickets, but you have not lost any money.

I don't really see the issue here.  You meet up with his friend and exchange $ for either physical tickets or entry to the show (never had a will-call situation where they gave me an actual ticket upon arrival).  

What reasonable alternative can you think of?  Would you rather send him money in exchange for having the will-call name changed to you?

It's a little absurd to suggest you are going to get murdered or ripped off.  The only real risk seems to be that the buyer/friend flakes and never meets up with you and you're stuck without tickets, but you have not lost any money.

This is where I'm at with it.

Am I aware of how shady people are in general? Of course. However I'm also not really intimidated by the prospect of meeting unkown friend (who's apparently a female) especially in a public place at a sold out Brand New show.

Shady.  My family knows the family that were victims in this story:

http://www.today.com/id/37082569/ns/today/t/dad-shot-dead-after-placing-craigslist-ad/#.U_9zptKwKuk

That's horrible!

Any and all of the few Craiglist sales I've done, mostly for concert tickets I can't go to at last minute, I've completed at public places in the middle of the day. A couple of times have been at a gas station and I've had someone else with me. One time they met me at my work outside and I had a co-worker with me.

I'd be crazy to have someone meet me at home at night or somewhere isolated. Fuck that! Too many crazies out there in the world.

As for the dilemma on this thread. I'd be leery. But if you want the tix bad enough, and the seller is willing to transfer them to his friend and you meet them at the venue's will call and exchange money there, it's a public enough place I'd assume.