Movin' Out

What are you doing with yourself next year monk?

I honestly don't know. I planned on living at home, working and looking for a better job, but now my parent's are losing their house because they used it as collateral to buy a business that didn't work out, so I don't know whats going to happen.

i moved around 1000 records back in november and used rather standard boxes. just made sure not to pack them too tight and surrounded any excess space with cardboard mailers or even old tshirts for padding. everything turned out ok as long as you dont do the obvious like stacking or leaving them out in heat. those boxes i had were so retardedly heavy.

yeah i always use the USPS method...

get 3-4 of them, and as i take loads of stuff over i fill up the usps bins, bring them to the new home and empty them, then go back to the old house and fill em back up and keep doing this until they're all moved. it takes awhile but its the easiest way to move a large collection. i tried moving it all at once and wanted to shoot myself.

moving my vinyl is one huge reason why i kind of never want to move again.

moving my vinyl is one huge reason why i kind of never want to move again.

Seriously. I feel the same about most of my stuff. I truly hate moving.

On a side note, I just finished loading up my car. I ended up using my old Rock Band box, which proved to be almost the exact size of my collection. I stuffed the edges with old T-shirts for extra protection. I hope they are alright in the car! Tomorrow I'll be setting up my new 4x4 expedit. I'm excited.

• 2 weeks later...

So, over the last week I have been slowly moving back home. I'm finally almost set up. Pics will be up soon. I'm pretty sad about leaving my nice apartment to go back to my parent's house, but it will be nice to get free food for summer! Also, since I had to move all my stuff from my apartment home, I had to take up two rooms, plus some room at my GF's parent's house to hold it all. Therefore, I have a bedroom/record room and an entertainment/living room. Pretty fun.