PO: Such Gold - The New Sidewalk

thejesseb

thread took a weird turn. everyone's back on the bandwagon now? saw a lot of "this song rips" but i didn't hear it. it was fast, sure. the drums kept the song moving. but if nauseating "rips" then i'd love to hear how we describe past such gold songs.

lol seriously, once one person admitted to liking, everyone came out the woodworks. I still like it. Going to give the second song a spin

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest s0uthard

The album has some killer riffs, but it didn't stick with me after one listen of the stream. I may try to listen to this a few more times and perhaps pick it up if I find it cheap sometime. I can't justify the list price though.

2ip8g3.jpg

2jeephu.jpg

definitely not at all like the mock up.

that being said, this thing sounds fantastic. its a good sturdy vinyl and looks very smooth despite not being what was expected. the sleeve has the lyrics and credits printed on it amidst a starry sky background.

i was able to see the band with transit on halloween, they absolutely killed and played  a good mix, including sycamore, choosing cages, three of the released new songs, and some good  misadventures cuts. i personally like the band more with ben on guitar, they are all doing some very impressive stuff live and the older songs have a more gritty feel with  matt and jon in the rhythm section. they also wore kissesque black metal face paint and various dresses.

i find the album to be leagues above misadventures, cutting the fat and adding some cool experimental passages that the old line up was too stiff to pull off. i'm glad that this band has continued to grow and are finally able to execute their ideas in a manner thats as outside of the box as they've been hinting at.

• 5 months later...

If you could pick me up one of those that would be awesome. I wanted to buy it but I can't justify paying $10 to razor and tie for a tape.

I wouldn't mind one as well

the store had three left but i'm sure they've been sitting there forever. i'll end up stopping by next week for RSD so i'm banking that they'll still be there. i'd be shocked if they weren't.

also, they're hand-numbered, which i wasn't aware of until i saw it. kinda cool.

the store had three left but i'm sure they've been sitting there forever. i'll end up stopping by next week for RSD so i'm banking that they'll still be there. i'd be shocked if they weren't.

also, they're hand-numbered, which i wasn't aware of until i saw it. kinda cool.

I'll take the third if they still have it. Didn't like this enough to buy the record but I'd do a $2 tape.

I'll take the third if they still have it. Didn't like this enough to buy the record but I'd do a $2 tape.

that's how i felt when i saw it. it was like... how can i not?

also: i got a PM for the 3rd one about an hour before your quote. if any of the other three people don't follow through, you're first in line.

These guys used to be my favorite band but I just can't get into this album. The vocals are so, so bad.

I had a complete Such Gold collection too up until this album.

same, although mine was juuuuust short of complete. i'm busy unloading my variants.

If you could pick me up one of those that would be awesome. I wanted to buy it but I can't justify paying $10 to razor and tie for a tape.

yo dudes -- headed to the record store tomorrow. it's in downtown and i've been swamped this week/end. just keeping you guys updated!

alright, i blew it. i didn't have time to make it downtown til today, and when i got there, the remaining tapes were gone. you could probably find them on ebay right now if you looked. i'm actually astonished that someone dumpster-dove through used cassettes the same way i did but shit happens. sorry guys. :(

• 2 weeks later...