VC's 30 Days of Fright! Film Festival 2 (2015)

No gore for me because I'm a whimpy baby child who will cry even if it's super fake (I couldn't even watch Sweeney Todd without getting upset.) 

So I think I'll watch everything on this list: 

http://www.popsugar.com/entertainment/15-Halloween-Movies-Arent-Scary-5875918

No gore for me because I'm a whimpy baby child who will cry even if it's super fake (I couldn't even watch Sweeney Todd without getting upset.) 

So I think I'll watch everything on this list: 

http://www.popsugar.com/entertainment/15-Halloween-Movies-Arent-Scary-5875918

There's some quality stuff on that list. But if you don't like gore I wouldn't recommend Idle Hands or SOTD.

The gore in AHS doesn't bother you?

There's some quality stuff on that list. But if you don't like gore I wouldn't recommend Idle Hands or SOTD.

The gore in AHS doesn't bother you?

I have a pillow over my head a lot. 

Really it's not ALL gore. It's mostly fingers, heels, and throats. But those are like the top three things always exploited. It's getting harder for me though, my stomach has gotten weaker. I used to laugh at the saw movies when I was like in middle school. 

I have a pillow over my head a lot. 

Really it's not ALL gore. It's mostly fingers, heels, and throats. But those are like the top three things always exploited. It's getting harder for me though, my stomach has gotten weaker. I used to laugh at the saw movies when I was like in middle school. 

Understandable. As I get older certain stuff I would've ate up as a kid I have no interest in watching now. It's like I got re-sensitized.

This is happening to me. I watched ABC's of Death and a few segments made me feel like throwing up. 

Yup, that's one I haven't watched yet due to reading about the L is for Libido seg. Won't watch Human Centipede 2 or Serbian Film either. It's not violence & gore but sexual violence that really bothers me. I get that more & more films try to push the envelope for controversy & shock appeal but when it involves excess rape, overtly sexualized violence & stuff involving kids, I'm out.

Yup, that's one I haven't watched yet due to reading about the L is for Libido seg. Won't watch Human Centipede 2 or Serbian Film either. It's not violence & gore but sexual violence that really bothers me. I get that more & more films try to push the envelope for controversy & shock appeal but when it involves excess rape, overtly sexualized violence & stuff involving kids, I'm out.

100% with you. It was actually my problem with the Poughkeepsie Tapes. I hate violence done to kids and how women are sexual objects in a lot of horror, I know it's a trope of genre but some stuff gets me. I mean it is horror and sometimes that's the idea. 

It was L segment that made me almost vomit, I would say it is the most horrible thing I've seen in cinema. (Haven't seen Serbian Film or HC2)

100% with you. It was actually my problem with the Poughkeepsie Tapes. I hate violence done to kids and how women are sexual objects in a lot of horror, I know it's a trope of genre but some stuff gets me. I mean it is horror and sometimes that's the idea. 

It was L segment that made me almost vomit, I would say it is the most horrible thing I've seen in cinema. (Haven't seen Serbian Film or HC2)

Yeah, I check out a site called http://www.movie-censorship.com/ (can't find a link for the German site which is far more detailed) on an almost daily basis. They had the "cut report" for ABC's of Death as it was censored in Germany (3 or 4 segments completely taken out). The images from "L" were enough for me to say no fucking way, not interested. I guess I could just skip over that part.

You know what else is awful? All of the Paranormal Activity movies. 

We got stuck in this supppper shady hotel in Colorado in a town that our gps couldn't verify existed. We were .50 miles away from a prison housing 11 people on death row which was indicated by a HUGE sign that said "DO NOT PICK UP HITCHHIKERS, CORRECTIONAL FACILITY AHEAD." 

In the restaurant there was a two way mirror where you actually could see the shadows of the waiters watching you eat. 

That night we barricaded our doors with tables, played Slenderman, and watched all the Paranormal Activity movies.  

There was an advertisement on our table for a place called "Elm St. Liquor" and in creepy sketchy writing it said "are you thirsty?"

To top off the joke, our housekeeper's name was Jason.

I actually have photos of all of this, I wish I would have made it up. WHAT A NIGHT.

You know what else is awful? All of the Paranormal Activity movies. 

We got stuck in this supppper shady hotel in Colorado in a town that our gps couldn't verify existed. We were .50 miles away from a prison housing 11 people on death row which was indicated by a HUGE sign that said "DO NOT PICK UP HITCHHIKERS, CORRECTIONAL FACILITY AHEAD." 

In the restaurant there was a two way mirror where you actually could see the shadows of the waiters watching you eat. 

That night we barricaded our doors with tables, played Slenderman, and watched all the Paranormal Activity movies.  

There was an advertisement on our table for a place called "Elm St. Liquor" and in creepy sketchy writing it said "are you thirsty?"

To top off the joke, our housekeeper's name was Jason.

I actually have photos of all of this, I wish I would have made it up. WHAT A NIGHT.

I really like those but I know others think they are cheesy as fuck. I like the creepy over the bloody. The Conjuring is probably one of my favorites for that reason.  

I really like those but I know others think they are cheesy as fuck. I like the creepy over the bloody. The Conjuring is probably one of my favorites for that reason.  

I liked them too, contrary to popular opinion. The Conjuring was really good but my favorites of the past few years in terms of super creepiness were Sinister & Insidious. They give me chills every time. I am in love with Sinister.

I liked them too, contrary to popular opinion. The Conjuring was really good but my favorites of the past few years in terms of super creepiness were Sinister & Insidious. They give me chills every time. I am in love with Sinister.

I am friends with the director of Sinister. I told him he gave me nightmares for weeks. That movie is so creepy to me!

I liked insidious and insidious 2!