VC's 30 Days of Fright! Film Festival 2 (2015)

But... How?? Compared to most things these days, the original TCM is pretty tame. I realize the low budget and everything makes it seem super realistic but still. There are maybe 2 or 3 "hard to watch scenes" in it.

I've also seen A Serbiam Film like... 3 or 4 times so something may be wrong with me.

Her reasoning was that ASF has beautiful cinematography while TCM'S cinematography makes it feel like a snuff film.

You...something like....Inna Vidda da Godda!!!

Hahahahahahaha.... oh man, Moseley killed it as Chop-Top. He seriously becomes his roles. I don't see it as acting with him.

I dunno, the first is the better film, but I enjoy & watch part 2 a lot more. The sheer insanity coupled with some some solid gore & laughs is just too much fun.

It's worth it for the ending. So good but it fucked me up.

Please don't read if you haven't watched & are going to watch Martyrs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

after reading about it, it's one of the more original horror films I've heard of. But I won't be able to handle the child abuse/torture, & the end where the girl is flayed alive. I've seen the images from the film & doubt I could actually watch it happening without turning it off. I wish it was 10 years ago.... I'd watch it in a second.

That's a bold statement.

Now I think I need to watch it.

It's also where my username comes from ;).

But seriously. If you haven't already, don't look a single thing up about the film before you watch it. It's one of those films that can't be described without giving the whole plot away.

EDIT: Well shit... According to your spoiler you already have... Oh well. Watch it anyways.

Martyrs is my favorite horror film of all-time. Absolutely incredible.

The fact that a US remake is currently finished and it about to me screened at a festival makes me so angry I can't even see straight. We all know they're going to "lighten it up" as much as possible. God I hate that it exists.

I dunno, most other horror remakes of the last 10 years have amped up the violence. I realize Martyrs is remaking an 8 year old film, but I could see it being even harder.

Fuck! Don't remind me :(.

Because of Adam & Simon, I do have some hope for this.

But it's still fucking pointless.

Most remakes are terrible. Especially when they take a great foreign film and fuck it all up. I usually just stick to the originals, and don't even bother with the remake. 

I'm...... torn on this. There's a few horror remakes I feel are leaps & bounds better than the original. Then we have the shit like NOES & like you said, every fucking foreign horror film, that are just atrocious.

But really, they should take heed of Sidney Campbell and...

dont-fuck-with-the-original-gif.gif

A lot of F-bombs on the last few posts. I like it.  B)

Because of Adam & Simon, I do have some hope for this.

But it's still fucking pointless.

I'm...... torn on this. There's a few horror remakes I feel are leaps & bounds better than the original. Then we have the shit like NOES & like you said, every fucking foreign horror film, that are just atrocious.

I'm curious as to which remakes you think are better than the originals. Only because I know you have pretty good taste when it comes to movies. The only one I can think of, and many people will disagree with me on, is the Evil Dead remake. I really enjoyed that one, but I watched the remake before I saw the original so maybe that affected my opinion of it. 

A lot of F-bombs on the last few posts. I like it. B)

I'm curious as to which remakes you think are better than the originals. Only because I know you have pretty good taste when it comes to movies. The only one I can think of, and many people will disagree with me on, is the Evil Dead remake. I really enjoyed that one, but I watched the remake before I saw the original so maybe that affected my opinion of it.

I liked the Evil Dead remake a lot too. I think people look back on the original so fondly because they think it was intentionally tongue and cheek like 2 (which was actually a more goofy remake of the first movie). I'd go as far as to argue that when people go back to those movies they favor 2 over 1 because it's so slap-stick-y and doesn't take itself serious.

I loved the Evil Dead remake. It didn't try too hard to be like the original but was still fucked up in it's own original way.

And I'd say the one remake I'm "indifferent" on would be the Oldboy remake. I still stand by my statement that it's one of the most unnecessary remakes ever because the original was just perfect. But after I finished watching it, I didn't absolutely hate it, which surprised me.