I'm down to these two turntables

I have never owned a turntable before, so I am basically a novice when it comes to this kind of stuff. Anyways I have narrowed it down to these two turntables:

Pro-Ject Debut lll

Audio Technica AT-LP120 + this cartridge if I get this one: Shure M97xE

I understand that Pro-Ject is a better brand, but I just wan't more insights/opinions.  

I have never owned a turntable before, so I am basically a novice when it comes to this kind of stuff. Anyways I have narrowed it down to these two turntables:

Pro-Ject Debut lll

I understand that Pro-Ject is a better brand, but I just wan't more insights/opinions.  

Check out threads concerning the Pro-ject Debut Carbon from Musician's Friend.  Even without the silly gift card deals, you can get one for around $15 more than the standard Debut that you linked.

Check out threads concerning the Pro-ject Debut Carbon from Musician's Friend.  Even without the silly gift card deals, you can get one for around $15 more than the standard Debut that you linked.

How do you figure that?  I see the Carbon is $399 and the Debut III is $325.  Is there a special on Musicians Friend that makes it cheaper?

Pro-Ject Debut lll

I think you were posting in another thread about some budget speakers.  If you are looking for a more budget turntable have you looked into the U-Turn Orbit?  

http://www.uturnaudio.com

It gets a lot of praise for it's price tag.  It would probably sound better than that Audio Technica.  

P.S. did you decide on some speakers?

You must find it incredibly difficult to make your way in the world.

That's $75 difference by my math.  I was just asking how you got the $15 difference.  

Now I see.  You just have to wait for a 15% off coupon.  The gift card thing is what confused me.  But it looks like that's expired anyway.

Edited by dbarila

That's $75 difference by my math. I was just asking how you got the $15 difference.

Now I see. You just have to wait for a 15% off coupon. The gift card thing is what confused me. But it looks like that's expired anyway.

You might not have to wait, just call them and say that you heard they offered a 15% discount on over-the-phone orders and they might honor that or at least give you 10% off.