Weezer - The Red Album LP P/O with 7"

Maladroid and Make Believe were awful. I haven't heard this yet, but the single annoys me.

I'm a Blue and Green Album guy. Pinkerton is good too, but I don't think it's as great as everyone else does. I think a lot of people say Pinkerton is great so they can earn some sort of scene points. There are some really solid tracks there, but as an album it gets pretty dull after a while. The Blue and Green albums on the other hand have totally stood up.

Maladroid and Make Believe were awful. I haven't heard this yet, but the single annoys me.

I'm a Blue and Green Album guy. Pinkerton is good too, but I don't think it's as great as everyone else does. I think a lot of people say Pinkerton is great so they can earn some sort of scene points. There are some really solid tracks there, but as an album it gets pretty dull after a while. The Blue and Green albums on the other hand have totally stood up.

i think it depends when you hear it, maybe? i heard them in the order they came out (i'm older, see).

but i find it hard for pinkerton to not be #1 or #2 on someone's weezer list, i mean the hooks and recording are top notch.

i think it depends when you hear it, maybe? i heard them in the order they came out (i'm older, see).

but i find it hard for pinkerton to not be #1 or #2 on someone's weezer list, i mean the hooks and recording are top notch.

Whoa, playing the age card, eh? Hmmm...I too heard them in the order they came out. I hated Pinkerton when it was released and it grew on me over time. I too am older, see. But you do have me by two years. Maybe I'll appreciate Pinkerton more in October when I hit 30.

EDIT: I am also a sucker for Rick Ocasek, so that may explain my leaning more toward the Blue and Green albums.

Whoa, playing the age card, eh? Hmmm...I too heard them in the order they came out. I hated Pinkerton when it was released and it grew on me over time. I too am older, see. But you do have me by two years. Maybe I'll appreciate Pinkerton more in October when I hit 30.

EDIT: I am also a sucker for Rick Ocasek, so that may explain my leaning more toward the Blue and Green albums.

yep, it's all about age, but i'll always be ahead of you so there's no use trying ;)

actually, i didn't get into weezer until '97/'98 (i was too punk when blue and pinkerton came out, see).

so you think you'd like pinkerton more if Ocasek did it?

Rivers has just lost his touch. Blue and Pinkerton are classics, musically and lyrically. Green was a nice power pop record. although the Summer 2000 songs would probably have made a better record. Maladroit was the beginning of the end. And I think I listened to Make Believe a handful of times before it started gathering dust on my shelf. I had such high hopes for this album because Pork and Beans seemed like a return to form but I heard the 8-song leak and any hopes for a decent Weezer record were crushed. that said, i pre-ordered The Red Album on vinyl. ha ha ha ha.

In all seriousness, I loved the green album. Pinkerton didn't do it for me and it took so long for a third album that when the green album finally came out it was a breath of fresh air. It was polished and poppy and had great hook and such. Plus, it was short as hell so it didn't drag on like Pinkerton did.

pinkerton shreds so much more than green. but green is pop, pinkerton is more alternative pop punk.

rivers is an ambitious guy. i dont think he cares about what any of us have to say about the music he's writing. i mean, he did that with maladroit, which got pretty mixed reviews. people either love or hate maladroit. make believe had some good pop songs on it, as well. perfect situation is a good song. don't care what none of y'all say. ;)