The Original Cassette Collective Thread

Idk I spent an afternoon scrolling through the Merchant Ships Facebook one day years ago and some drama apparently with the black dude in the band idk why they broke up or what the problem is with releasing stuff on physical. Idk

Edit: I signed the petition. Can we just make petitions for all bands we want their music released on physical?

Not to throw him under the bus but only one member is stopping this and this petition is to show him there is interest.

http://conditionsrecords.com/webstore/18417667

Yearbooks - See You Next Year

Really good EP if you're into screamo stuff. Reminds me a bit of the newest Frameworks songs, but I like this more. Has members of Beau Navire and some other bands.

That's pretty awesome. Kali 4 Life

Edit: Also digged that Hides on their site, that's tight as hell.

The show last night was unbelievable. All four bands were fucking phenomenal. I haven't listened to the audio yet. I'm super excited.

EDIT: I ended up recording Sorority Noise as well and so far, it sounds soooo much better than I anticipated. Gonna listen to the other two sets after.

I'm still recovering from their show last Friday. It was almost too good.

I'm still recovering from their show last Friday. It was almost too good.

Dude, for reals. I was half tempted to say fuck it and just go into to crowd. There was like 10 giant beach balls bouncing around. I really hope the management for MB gives the okay to duplicate it because I'm beyond stoked.

EDIT: Just listened to the other two recordings. For the most part, it's fantastic. Some parts have a loud ringing noise from the guitars but hey, it's still great. Being able to hear the crowd singing along is the best part.

Dude, for reals. I was half tempted to say fuck it and just go into to crowd. There was like 10 giant beach balls bouncing around. I really hope the management for MB gives the okay to duplicate it because I'm beyond stoked.

EDIT: Just listened to the other two recordings. For the most part, it's fantastic. Some parts have a loud ringing noise from the guitars but hey, it's still great. Being able to hear the crowd singing along is the best part.

That sig.... LOL

So are you gonna do something with the Sorority Noise recording as well? That would be cool to listen to. Sorority Noise and Modern Baseball have been stuck in my head nonstop.

The main reason I did the recording was because they're album is fantastic and it was kinda just for myself. But it depends on a few things. If Modern Baseball's people say no to me using their recording, then Sorority Noise will be used in their place. I've already talked to them and they're 100% cool with it. If Modern Baseball says yes, I might include a Sorority Noise song as like a "hidden track". Or do a choose your own split kinda thing where you pick which two you want on it.

Yeah, I'm really bummed out about them saying no. They were really good live and super cool dudes. The best part of the recording was that they joked about playing a Fall Out Boy cover and the crowd was yelling for them to do it. They did and the crowd was singing aloud even after they stopped playing it. It was great.

So fucking had a label mail to the wrong address in my same complex and the neighbors aren't contacting me back after I left them a letter with my phone number, probably they are scared and don't know how the mail system works. Anyways it's not their fault but the company. Not sure why they just didn't print a label out with PayPal.

So fucking had a label mail to the wrong address in my same complex and the neighbors aren't contacting me back after I left them a letter with my phone number, probably they are scared and don't know how the mail system works. Anyways it's not their fault but the company. Not sure why they just didn't print a label out with PayPal.

Can't you go to their door and knock?

Letting Jaunt Records deal with it, it's their fault they put down a 9 instead of a 6 anyways haha. Note to your label, print addresses out from PayPal purchases! It's cheap and easy, just minimize the print percentage and the label becomes this cute as hell mini package all professional and with the correct address!

Letting Jaunt Records deal with it, it's their fault they put down a 9 instead of a 6 anyways haha. Note to your label, print addresses out from PayPal purchases! It's cheap and easy, just minimize the print percentage and the label becomes this cute as hell mini package all professional and with the correct address!

Haha definitely, I ship out books at my work and I print out all my labels through PayPal/Ebay, PayPal Multiorder is a bitch though. I once typed up 40 labels, and accidently hit the ESC button, all of it gone.

The best part of the recording was that they joked about playing a Fall Out Boy cover and the crowd was yelling for them to do it. They did and the crowd was singing aloud even after they stopped playing it. It was great.

For those interested in hearing the Fall Out Boy cover, here it is --- click

Note: this is me playing the cassette aloud in my room while recording it in Audacity.

So yeah, it's gonna sound shitty but you get the idea.

For those interested in hearing the Fall Out Boy cover, here it is --- click

Note: this is me playing the cassette aloud in my room while recording it in Audacity.

So yeah, it's gonna sound shitty but you get the idea.

Why don't you plug an aux cord into your computer?

I've tried. For some reason it won't record after I do that. I guess cause it thinks it's headphones?

Just tried again and yeah, it thinks the AUX cord is headphones and not a mic. Not sure how to change it.

My Macbook has an input and an output, you might just have to change settings idk

Do you have a deck? Or a walkman/boombox, etc.?

I have a cassette recorder that has a headphone, mic, & aux port and a stereo that has a headphone & mic port. The aux port does input to the recorder not the other way around. I assume I'd have to use the headphone port as an output from the player to the Mac.

My Macbook has an input and an output, you might just have to change settings idk

I've looked at it in Audacity but it only shows Built-In Mic.