The Original Cassette Collective Thread

so you held up a tape recorder at a show? then recorded you playing it in your room? you're just asking for bad sound quality, andy ;)

I'm not doing that for the release. It'll be duplicated directly from the master. I only did it that way so I could post that particular part. If I could do directly from the player, it would be so much better.

Things are so great right now, I'm getting my deck serviced/repaired/overhauled by a master Nakamichi tech that would usually cost around $300, and being just charged for just the cost of shipping both ways, I have great bands ready to release for the label, and a wonderful artist to sketch up the logo, I am getting some rare tapes straight from the label that I've kept an eye out for for the past few months. I found some even more rare ones for the cheapies on Ebay. I might be getting some test presses for my favorite bands, holy hell this has been a wonderful day/night. The benefits of not sleeping folks. Good night now! 

Just won this auction

Shipping is 20 but for 180 tapes that sounds fine, it totals to 26 bucks and to be honest I've made way worse purchases

It sounds lame to say it but sifting through those cassettes is going to be a lot of fun for me

That's fuckin cool, those Japanese tapes look awesome. 

Probably nothing incredibly rare, most of it is laid out but you never know what you can find. I don't mind having a Scarface tape or a Korean Simon & Garfunkel tape, that shit is cool to me. Also just noticed there's a Weird Al tape.

I just read closer and I guess he's sending them to me with the tapes INSIDE those dumb black plastic racks? That's kinda odd.

I just up a couple of our digital releases on bandcamp. Shoutout to Chrissingmeoff, Boy Toy is really great. 

Also Lopez on the Runway is there. It's a dead band, and has been since 2010, but I've been listening to them for years, and managed to contact a member who was cool with me putting them out.

Tapes coming soon! Keep a look out if you like what I posted!

http://outofbreathrecords.bandcamp.com/album/demo-14

http://outofbreathrecords.bandcamp.com/album/discography

Hey gang all I have is a shitty Aiwa cassette/radio player... Any ideas how to get songs from the cassette onto my macbook pro? The only function it has are headphones input

Will that AUX insert into headphoens really work? Is there some sort of AUX to USB thing made especially for cassette to mp3 transfer?

Hey gang all I have is a shitty Aiwa cassette/radio player... Any ideas how to get songs from the cassette onto my macbook pro? The only function it has are headphones input

Will that AUX insert into headphoens really work? Is there some sort of AUX to USB thing made especially for cassette to mp3 transfer?

AUX cord in the headphones port does work.