PO Now: Desaparecidos new album: "Payola" Coming Jun 23rd, 2015

Didn't he drop off due to "exhaustion"? Didn't realize Desaparecidos was a 24/7 365 days a year touring machine ;)

Yeah and laryngitis I think. Honestly, whatever, he can afford it and the other dudes have their own rap and rock outfits to devote time to. It just sucks for the fans.

Live show along with seeing their tour bus and hearing stories about his "lifestyle" from a few people close to him......kind of all make me really lose interest in this band specifically...just a very disingenuous message, quite a large disconnect

Enjoy these songs and the sound quality of this pressing....and the actual message....but it's just a bit too phony to take seriously

Yeah, it's definitely different than when the first album came out. I don't know about all the guys in the band, but Denver was one cool guy when I saw him with Statistics years back. I was actually surprised that they got back together as he seemed pretty pissed when I talked to him about Desaparecidos. He said that Conor didn't want to continue as Bright Eyes had gotten to big. It's murder on your folk career,you know.

In all honesty, I would be too. It's funny you guys were talking about his way of life because every time I hear "I'd sell myself to but a fucking house" and 12k square foot/ 4 car garage..." I always think "wow, he was a prophet" In all fairness I hope he gets better and does one last Bright Eyes tour. I don't need an album. That'd be cool, but just a tour would suffice.

Actually I'm almost certain he was referring to a house he already had back in 2002-- he def had a mansion in omaha back then before he bought his mansion in new york in 2004/2005. DesperateCheetohs has always been a sorta ironic upper-class for the lower-class sorta deal, it's weird. 

Yeah and laryngitis I think. Honestly, whatever, he can afford it and the other dudes have their own rap and rock outfits to devote time to. It just sucks for the fans.

That's the sucky part. A months worth of tour dates, which i'm assuming translates to tens-of-thousands of $$$ for conor, was less appealing to him than kicking his shoes off in his big home :( 

i don't wanna have rude feelings towards it but like i said i am bitter. conor was involved in the bands i listened to most throughout my adolescence and I never thought i'd have the chance to catch the Cheetohs, then they schedule a nola show finally but cancel three days prior. I know the people traveling to fest for them were upset too.

I saw Conor do a solo show in athens this summer in between a string of desaparecidos dates. You know, with his cowboy hat and spurred boots and acoustic guitar + all his country and folk songs. The next week he was on tv with messy hair and a white tshirt with marker sprawled text "EAT THE RICH" clutching an electric guitar. everyone loves you if you're a chic chameleon, right??? 

i think he decided to comb his hair and call it a day early :(

The next week he was on tv with messy hair and a white tshirt with marker sprawled text "EAT THE RICH" clutching an electric guitar. everyone loves you if you're a chic chameleon, right???

The whole 'eat the rich' was definitely more toward political, right wingers and the 99%/Anonymous movement. There's plenty of rich dudes out there who mean well like Fat Mike, Henry Rollins, jeez prob Ian MacKaye.

As for cancelling the dates, it could be all of the reasons they stated, but maybe the reunion wasn't meant to be? The album only collected the (original) singles they released plus a few new songs. Who knows, maybe they don't want to do it anymore or don't get along. I can't speak for them though, just a thought. I've never seen then live so, yeah, I'd be bummed about the tour being cancelled.